Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

NEED HELP! Navigation unit for my g37x

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2017, 03:52 PM
David Borowiec

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation NEED HELP! Navigation unit for my g37x

Hello everyone, I recently purchased an Infiniti G37x without the navigation option. My question is, if I buy the nav unit witch comes with the navigation unit, New screen, the cluster panel with the nav controls (buttons), and the button panel for climate control, would that plug right into the stock harness? Also would any additional programming or modifications need to be made? Please help me out here don't want to jump into anything without knowing the details of what I'm getting into. I called my local Infiniti dealer and he was not able to help but also made me worry that it maybe details allot more work than just plug and play. Thank you all help is appreciated
Old 08-15-2017, 10:41 PM
ILM-NC G37S
Registered Member

Received 1,323 Likes on 1,073 Posts
Dealer will not help at all except to sell you overpriced parts. The swap is NOT plug and play. The screen and 2 switch assemblies should plug right up, but the main unit will require some wiring changes to the connectors. Wires will have to be added and others disconnected. You would also need a GPS antenna, and possibly perform some rewiring for your XM radio (if you want it) and the microphone (I did, depends on your setup). If you have Bose, almost all of those wires (about 14 of them) have to be moved and spliced/repinned.

Ask yourself why you want to do this. Factory NAV stinks, there are cheaper alternatives to add Bluetooth. The benefit is minimal in your case.

Do a search through the threads, there are tons of topics regarding this project.