Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

For the Connected Car "CarPlay-Like" Experience

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2019, 11:51 PM
gromaudio
MYG37.COM Sponsor

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by 04G35NYC
Anything for 2011 G37 sedan in the works with Navi? I only see 2008-2009 models compatibility
Yes, please check here: https://gromaudio.com/store/vline/ni...n-upgrade.html
Old 08-08-2019, 03:39 PM
pburger
Registered Member

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Still getting blank screen startups with my VLINE 2 in my 2013 G37 vert. Just had one this morning. It's usually 2-3 weeks between events. The only thing that fixes it is to unplug and then re-plug the connector on the VLINE2 unit.

Hey GROM:

1. Can you tell me which wire I could hook a switch into, so that I could just push a button rather than unplugging the connector each time?
2. Do you have a jumper connector that I could use in place of my VLINE2, if I want to take the car to the dealership? I would hate for the blank screen to happen while it's at the dealership. (I can just hear their cash register ringing.)
Old 08-08-2019, 06:29 PM
paclypse71

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by pburger
Still getting blank screen startups with my VLINE 2 in my 2013 G37 vert. Just had one this morning. It's usually 2-3 weeks between events. The only thing that fixes it is to unplug and then re-plug the connector on the VLINE2 unit.

Hey GROM:

1. Can you tell me which wire I could hook a switch into, so that I could just push a button rather than unplugging the connector each time?
I installed a switch inline with the yellow battery wire to the VL2. Works great to do a quick reset but I would recommend only doing it with the car off.
Old 08-09-2019, 02:54 PM
gromaudio
MYG37.COM Sponsor

Hey GROM:

2. Do you have a jumper connector that I could use in place of my VLINE2, if I want to take the car to the dealership? I would hate for the blank screen to happen while it's at the dealership. (I can just hear their cash register ringing.)
Please send us an email. We have a software fix for it already. Not on OTA yet.
Old 08-11-2019, 11:29 PM
OnlyNismo
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by gromaudio
If you have hig res display, it should be fixed in the latest OTA.
I am on the latest OTA version. I have a 2012 G37 without Navi.

Here are pictures of what I see on my screen. The icons and text are too small for me to use.

Old 08-12-2019, 05:43 PM
pburger
Registered Member

Please send us an email. We have a software fix for it already. Not on OTA yet.
Got the update. Applied it this morning. Now, when I turn my temperature ****, the temperature does not display. I now have to go to one of the factory screens, then adjust the temperature with the ****, and then go back to the Vline screen. I have no idea if the blank screen startup issue is fixed or not, but this temperature thing is definitely broken now! Please advise....
Old 08-12-2019, 07:25 PM
gromaudio
MYG37.COM Sponsor

Originally Posted by OnlyNismo
I am on the latest OTA version. I have a 2012 G37 without Navi.

Here are pictures of what I see on my screen. The icons and text are too small for me to use.

Seems like Google has broken Android Auto on low res vehicles. We will try to do some workarounds, but definitely let Google know about that problem !
Old 08-14-2019, 02:59 PM
pburger
Registered Member

Got the update. Applied it this morning. Now, when I turn my temperature ****, the temperature does not display. I now have to go to one of the factory screens, then adjust the temperature with the ****, and then go back to the Vline screen. I have no idea if the blank screen startup issue is fixed or not, but this temperature thing is definitely broken now! Please advise....
Okay, checked for OTA updates, and did a VLINE update. The OEM screen pops in when I adjust the temperature now, just as it used to do. So, that's fixed. Hopefully the blank screen startup issue is fixed, too. Time will tell.
For reference, my software versions are currently:

VCore: V20VL2.6.0.0
VBase: 88.26(L22)
Old 08-17-2019, 02:18 PM
jngconsults

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have the same issue with the new version of Android Auto. It feels like the system thinks we have a widescreen when we don't. I've tried to change resolution through the developer mode in Android Auto, but that hasn't worked, yet. I'll try again when I see there's been an update.

Hopefully someone has a good answer for us as the new Android Auto works great in other cars!
Old 08-22-2019, 12:18 AM
gromaudio
MYG37.COM Sponsor

Originally Posted by jngconsults
I have the same issue with the new version of Android Auto. It feels like the system thinks we have a widescreen when we don't. I've tried to change resolution through the developer mode in Android Auto, but that hasn't worked, yet. I'll try again when I see there's been an update.

Hopefully someone has a good answer for us as the new Android Auto works great in other cars!
Yes they broke the low resolution screen logic. We will check if we can do something on our end.
Old 08-25-2019, 07:02 PM
SelbyL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes they broke the low resolution screen logic. We will check if we can do something on our end.
Hey From, I really like the VLine set up, my only complaint is the stock screen which has horrible resolution. Could you guys make an add on and have a set up similar to the "Tesla" style screen?
Old 08-26-2019, 03:18 PM
rotarymike
Moderator in Moderation

Received 481 Likes on 403 Posts
Hey GROM guys, I figure you'll know the answer to this question best: the OEM backup camera (in my 2013, but I imagine all 2010+ are the same) has power, ground, shield, and then a signal wire. If the signal wire transmits composite video, like an old yellow RCA jack on a VCR, how can that get phase shifted so the colors are not correct?
Old 08-31-2019, 09:18 PM
JSylvia007

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Has anyone tried a 3rd party modem yet?

My plan is to use this: Huawei E397u-53 with a Mint Mobile SIM card.

Using my Pixel 2XL as a mobile hotspot is getting more and more of a pain in the ***.
Old 09-03-2019, 12:52 PM
gromaudio
MYG37.COM Sponsor

Originally Posted by JSylvia007
Has anyone tried a 3rd party modem yet?

My plan is to use this: Huawei E397u-53 with a Mint Mobile SIM card.

Using my Pixel 2XL as a mobile hotspot is getting more and more of a pain in the ***.
You can try G-Connect that we offer:
https://gromaudio.com/store/accessor...em-dongle.html

It works with T-Mobile plans only. Currently T-Mobile offers 2GB a month for $10, we use it all the time, works ok.
Old 09-03-2019, 01:23 PM
JSylvia007

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
You can try G-Connect that we offer:
https://gromaudio.com/store/accessor...em-dongle.html

It works with T-Mobile plans only. Currently T-Mobile offers 2GB a month for $10, we use it all the time, works ok.
Interesting. I didn't know that they offered such a cheap plan. I will have to look into it.

Does it work in a "set it and forget it" mode? I assume it plugs into the actual device and IS NOT a wifi hotspot, but appears as an actual modem to the device?

Quick Reply: For the Connected Car "CarPlay-Like" Experience