Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

For the Connected Car "CarPlay-Like" Experience

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2018, 03:38 PM
JSylvia007

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by gromaudio
VL2 is due in 6-8 weeks. We will send presale invitation next Tuesday. It will be 7.1 already. Make sure to sign up to our newsletter.
Am I the only one who's a little pissed this wasn't mentioned before. I would have absolutely waited to get better hardware!!

Old 03-09-2018, 06:35 PM
AdamBritt
Registered Member

Received 50 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by JSylvia007
Am I the only one who's a little pissed this wasn't mentioned before. I would have absolutely waited to get better hardware!!

Same here. It really shouldn't affect the functionality of most things though but still pretty annoying.
Old 03-09-2018, 08:44 PM
gromaudio
MYG37.COM Sponsor

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by AdamBritt
Same here. It really shouldn't affect the functionality of most things though but still pretty annoying.
Ok, sorry to disappoint, and we really appreciate your interest in VLine VL1 and your support.

The VLine VL2 is in pipeline correct, but there is no solid date yet, besides the pricing for the more advanced hardware will be higher.

So we hope you will continue to enjoy using your VLine and we are looking forward to your valuable feedback, as always.
Old 03-09-2018, 08:46 PM
gromaudio
MYG37.COM Sponsor

Originally Posted by gatorglaze
Just a couple questions that I either missed or didnt see in this thread:

1. The VLine kit comes with a microphone, but my car has a microphone built in. Do I still have to install your microphone into my car? Was the factory mic in signal unable to be hijacked by the VL1?

2. Does it matter if my car comes with factory Bose? i didnt see any mention of that.
1. You will have to install VLine mic in order to utilize its voice control and voice activation features. We can't connect to your factory mic. However your factory function (such as hands free and mic) will not be affected by VLine.

2. It is ok if your car comes with Bose, no problem.
Old 03-10-2018, 11:24 PM
GoodB0Y

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Sound quality

Can anyone comment on the sound quality?

I'm interested in knowing how the sq is in relation to the cd input...

Thanks
Old 03-11-2018, 08:15 AM
future62

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts
VL2 is due in 6-8 weeks. We will send presale invitation next Tuesday. It will be 7.1 already. Make sure to sign up to our newsletter.
Are you kidding me.....

Will VL2 have screen mirroring capability?

And what is your return policy?
Old 03-11-2018, 10:57 PM
enigmacarpc
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by JSylvia007

Pissed would be an understatement this company is full of people who don't like their jobs or they have some garbage ownership, I have never seen such poor communication. Telling us oh sorry we forgot to mention the new hardware but enjoy it anyway is a joke.

My hardware or cables are defective and they make it a nightmare to work with them on getting this corrected, also lost over $100 in labor for having to have the car audio guys try again to install once the parts are replaced.

Grom should allow for an upgrade path with trade-in for the old unit, paying the extra for the better model is not a big deal if we get a least 75% back on the trade-in.

They knew about the V2 when selling these units and didn't tell anyone so they could clear out the stock before promoting the new one.
Old 03-12-2018, 12:07 AM
JSylvia007

Originally Posted by enigmacarpc
Pissed would be an understatement this company is full of people who don't like their jobs or they have some garbage ownership, I have never seen such poor communication. Telling us oh sorry we forgot to mention the new hardware but enjoy it anyway is a joke.

My hardware or cables are defective and they make it a nightmare to work with them on getting this corrected, also lost over $100 in labor for having to have the car audio guys try again to install once the parts are replaced.

Grom should allow for an upgrade path with trade-in for the old unit, paying the extra for the better model is not a big deal if we get a least 75% back on the trade-in.

They knew about the V2 when selling these units and didn't tell anyone so they could clear out the stock before promoting the new one.
A trade-up option would be great on one condition... It's just a swap of the existing "brain", and uses all of the existing cabling...

I'm almost thinking it's time for a BBB complaint with these guys...
Old 03-12-2018, 01:22 PM
Kaighal
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks.

Will VL2 work with both 08-09 and 10+ G37's ?
Old 03-12-2018, 05:20 PM
gromaudio
MYG37.COM Sponsor

Originally Posted by Kaighal
Thanks.

Will VL2 work with both 08-09 and 10+ G37's ?
We still work on VL2 compatibility, exact chart will be announced.
Old 03-14-2018, 01:36 AM
alberto555552
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My grom has been stuck on the Vline logo and does not boot past it, has anyone experience the same thing, if so does anyone know how it fix it? It was working initially, now it's just stuck, I've tried unplugging and plugging back in, as well as unplugging the car battery and pluging it back in, and nothing seems to be working, any ideas?
Old 03-14-2018, 02:16 PM
gromaudio
MYG37.COM Sponsor

Originally Posted by alberto555552
My grom has been stuck on the Vline logo and does not boot past it, has anyone experience the same thing, if so does anyone know how it fix it? It was working initially, now it's just stuck, I've tried unplugging and plugging back in, as well as unplugging the car battery and pluging it back in, and nothing seems to be working, any ideas?
Apologize for the problem with your VLine. Please contact tech support at https://gromaudio.com/support.html - they will be happy to help.
Old 03-14-2018, 02:19 PM
gromaudio
MYG37.COM Sponsor

To all current VLine owners, GROM released an OTA (over the air) update for VLine units. Read more here:
https://gromaudio.com/newsletter/mar...ta-update.html

Please update your VLine. Note that the update takes 10-20 min, so do not turn off the car during this time.

Thank you!
Old 03-14-2018, 02:33 PM
JSylvia007

To all current VLine owners, GROM released an OTA (over the air) update for VLine units. Read more here:
https://gromaudio.com/newsletter/mar...ta-update.html

Please update your VLine. Note that the update takes 10-20 min, so do not turn off the car during this time.

Thank you!
So when was this released, because I've been talking back and forth with your support folks that have been telling be its been released for some time, but my unit tells me that it's already up to date (yet indicates v3.3.5).

Support emailed me an hour ago saying:

"Yes we are still working and testing the next update, it is not available yet on the OTA server."
Old 03-14-2018, 07:53 PM
enigmacarpc
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Apologize for the problem with your VLine. Please contact tech support at https://gromaudio.com/support.html - they will be happy to help.

I wouldn't use the term happy to help more like trying to get you to leave the chat session. Mine was doing the same thing I did get it to work after unplugging the wire harness and then plugging it back in, afterwards I did whatever the latest update was and added all the apps worked great for a day and now frozen again. I will unplug and test again.

Quick Reply: For the Connected Car "CarPlay-Like" Experience