Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

USB problems in 2011 g37

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2016, 08:13 PM
Wyatt545

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy USB problems in 2011 g37

Hey guys, I'm new to the community so don't know if I'm posting in the right area. Anyway, I have a 2011 g37, no nav, and have been having problems connecting my iPhone to the USB, so I am unable to listen to music or charge my phone. Sometimes if I hit the radio with a little force my phone will connect for a minute or two but then go back to saying my iPod is not connected. I've tried numerous cords and other people's phones and they all have the same issue. I was hoping someone could give me some insight on what might be going on and or how to fix it. I'm afraid it might be a wiring issue. Thanks!
Old 10-27-2016, 12:28 PM
C1Forged
Former Sponsor

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts
Take a fine pick and a flashlight to the charging port of your iPhone. They're notorious for trapping lint over time, and since the chord has a magnetized connection, the lint insulation often interferes with charging/data transfer.

If that is not the case, you more than likely have a bad/loose connection between the wire and the lead of your car's female USB port.
Old 10-27-2016, 01:03 PM
Selym
Registered Member

Received 96 Likes on 80 Posts
Originally Posted by C1Forged
Take a fine pick and a flashlight to the charging port of your iPhone. They're notorious for trapping lint over time
This is good advice. I thought the Lightning connector on my iPhone 5S was getting flaky. Turns out there was a ball of lint wedged inside. Easy fix.