Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Using Siri to Make Outgoing Calls - Microphone Doesn't Work

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2016, 09:15 PM
2012G37XSMark

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Using Siri to Make Outgoing Calls - Microphone Doesn't Work

Hey Folks,

Have had my 2012 G37XS Coupe for two weeks now and love it. The only issue I have had so far is that if my phone is hooked up via bluetooth and I use Siri to place an outgoing call (i.e. press and hold home button, and say Call Amy Cell) the call completes but the person on the other end cannot hear me at all, its like the microphone in the car is disengaged. Incoming calls work fine as do calls dialed with the touch screen on the car, it is only the calls I initiate verbally via Siri. The only way around it that I have found is to make the call and switch the audio on the phone to iPhone or Speaker and then back to the car and it works fine, but I really don't want to have to be messing with the phone while driving, kind of defeats the whole purpose of the hands free thing.

Anyways, was just wondering if anyone else has had similar problems and if there is a fix for it.

Thanks,
Mark