Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Review Easy Bluetooth streaming solution for my 09

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2016, 06:06 PM
big_josh

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Easy Bluetooth streaming solution for my 09

I've seen several posts of people looking for a good Bluetooth streaming solution, basically one that just plugs into the AUX (so not going the USB into the SAT radio behind the dash type deal), one that will turn on automatically when you turn the car on, connect automatically, and sound fantastic. I picked up this Bose Bluetooth receiver and can say it is the best of the easiest solutions. It sits tucked away, I never have to touch it and there is no hissing, buzzing, distortion, or connectivity issues. The sound is no different if not a little stronger than what I get out of going straight from phone into AUX. Also this Bose will just connect for music allowing your native car system to still handle your Bluetooth calling.

You can pick it up on
Amazon Amazon
for $59.95 and comes with the right cables. It is powered by micro USB which can plug into the cigarette lighter power in the console (power adapter not included, just get whatever one).

Set it and forget it. My phone connects to it within mere seconds of turning on the car just as it does to the Bluetooth in the native system for calling.

It's also small.

The following 4 users liked this post by big_josh:
KEG97 (03-25-2016), Kris9884 (04-27-2016), micafd3s (07-25-2016), Trezzay (05-22-2016)
Old 03-26-2016, 08:09 AM
Landshark
Registered Member

Received 187 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by big_josh
I've seen several posts of people looking for a good Bluetooth streaming solution, basically one that just plugs into the AUX (so not going the USB into the SAT radio behind the dash type deal), one that will turn on automatically when you turn the car on, connect automatically, and sound fantastic. I picked up this Bose Bluetooth receiver and can say it is the best of the easiest solutions. It sits tucked away, I never have to touch it and there is no hissing, buzzing, distortion, or connectivity issues. The sound is no different if not a little stronger than what I get out of going straight from phone into AUX. Also this Bose will just connect for music allowing your native car system to still handle your Bluetooth calling.

You can pick it up on Amazon for $59.95 and comes with the right cables. It is powered by micro USB which can plug into the cigarette lighter power in the console (power adapter not included, just get whatever one).

Set it and forget it. My phone connects to it within mere seconds of turning on the car just as it does to the Bluetooth in the native system for calling.

It's also small.

this does the same for about $40 cheaper (when you add the 12V adapter and mini-to-RCA cable), and is smaller.

Old 03-26-2016, 11:49 AM
big_josh

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Have you used this one you posted? I've seen several of these on Amazon and they have terrible reviews. People complain about pairing issues. I did look at these before buying the Bose and with the number of negative reviews I went ahead and just went with the Bose. But I would be curious to hear if you've used this one with no issues because I still have another car I want to do the same setup in. Thanks
Old 03-26-2016, 07:29 PM
Landshark
Registered Member

Have you used this one you posted? I've seen several of these on Amazon and they have terrible reviews. People complain about pairing issues. I did look at these before buying the Bose and with the number of negative reviews I went ahead and just went with the Bose. But I would be curious to hear if you've used this one with no issues because I still have another car I want to do the same setup in. Thanks
no issues in two different cars with Moto and Samsung phones. thats not the exact one i have, but it looks the same and was cheap.
Old 04-20-2016, 11:05 AM
MistaYoung

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Landshark
no issues in two different cars with Moto and Samsung phones. thats not the exact one i have, but it looks the same and was cheap.
Hows your sound quality and level? The one I have sounds good but the output is lower than using an aux cable. And the reveiws for the one you recommended have alot of low sound complaints...
Old 04-20-2016, 11:08 AM
MistaYoung

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can pick it up on Amazon for $59.95 and comes with the right cables. It is powered by micro USB which can plug into the cigarette lighter power in the console (power adapter not included, just get whatever one).

It's also small.

How's the sound quality and output level compared to using an aux cable?
Old 04-20-2016, 02:01 PM
Landshark
Registered Member

Originally Posted by MistaYoung
Hows your sound quality and level? The one I have sounds good but the output is lower than using an aux cable. And the reveiws for the one you recommended have alot of low sound complaints...

i don't have an AUX input in the G37, so i can't compare.

it worked good in my Evo, which had Bluetooth for phone, but not audio streaming (2008 model). i don't remember an output problem, but that car has a 650W Rockford Fosgate factory system, so it wouldn't really matter.

if i get bored later, i'll try it out the Bluetooth adapter vs. the wired iPod connection in the G ....
Old 04-20-2016, 03:43 PM
Landshark
Registered Member

if i get bored later, i'll try it out the Bluetooth adapter vs. the wired iPod connection in the G ....
durr ... i meant the Evo. G has no aux input.

in this video, i set the headunit volume to "15" for both tests - lower than average listening volume.

first part of video is iPod wired directly to AUX input using headphone out to RCA adapter cable.

second part of video is USB Bluetooth device powered by cig lighter, wired into AUX RCA jacks and iPod connected to it via Bluetooth.

the DB meter shows Bluetooth slightly lower, but sitting in the car, i couldn't tell a volume difference with my ears.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/24-yl-Ksit8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 04-21-2016, 03:49 AM
acee

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i don't have an AUX input in the G37, so i can't compare.

it worked good in my Evo, which had Bluetooth for phone, but not audio streaming (2008 model). i don't remember an output problem, but that car has a 650W Rockford Fosgate factory system, so it wouldn't really matter.

How do you use the Bluetooth streaming with that Bluetooth 3.5mm to rca cables you posted in your g37 then? doesn't the mini rca go from the Bluetooth to Rca input in the car and plays off the auxiliary source?
Old 04-21-2016, 12:50 PM
Landshark
Registered Member

Originally Posted by acee
How do you use the Bluetooth streaming with that Bluetooth 3.5mm to rca cables you posted in your g37 then? doesn't the mini rca go from the Bluetooth to Rca input in the car and plays off the auxiliary source?
i dont use it in the G37 - i have Nav with factory Bluetooth.

just trying to help out those that dont. i do use this setup in my Evo, though.
The following users liked this post:
acee (04-22-2016)
Old 04-22-2016, 02:13 AM
acee

i dont use it in the G37 - i have Nav with factory Bluetooth.

just trying to help out those that dont. i do use this setup in my Evo, though.
Ahh gotcha. I actually went with your advice with the Bluetooth stick receiver in my 09 G37. Thanks for the tip!
Old 04-27-2016, 07:10 PM
Kris9884

Received 202 Likes on 186 Posts
Great review man, just for options sake, I went with this version. Its been perfect, does all the same as the Bose and half the price. I haven't touched it since I installed it 2 months ago, it connects automatically and still allows me to use the BT phone feature in the car with the steering control. It's literally like having BT built into the car. The sound quality is perfect, if I could give it 6 stars I would.

Amazon.com: HomeSpot NFC-enabled Bluetooth Audio Receiver for Car Audio: Cell Phones & Accessories Amazon.com: HomeSpot NFC-enabled Bluetooth Audio Receiver for Car Audio: Cell Phones & Accessories
Old 04-28-2016, 10:24 PM
ross7778

Has anyone tried this one? I have a 2012 G37 and have had no luck with USB bluetooth streaming devices.

Amazon.com: Bluetooth Adapter for 2011 or Earlier Mercedes iPod iPhone 30 Pin Cable - CoolStream CarPro: Cell Phones & Accessories Amazon.com: Bluetooth Adapter for 2011 or Earlier Mercedes iPod iPhone 30 Pin Cable - CoolStream CarPro: Cell Phones & Accessories
Old 04-29-2016, 01:00 PM
Kris9884

Received 202 Likes on 186 Posts
Originally Posted by ross7778
Has anyone tried this one? I have a 2012 G37 and have had no luck with USB bluetooth streaming devices.

Amazon.com: Bluetooth Adapter for 2011 or Earlier Mercedes iPod iPhone 30 Pin Cable - CoolStream CarPro: Cell Phones & Accessories
Am I the only one who thinks a music storage device is the way of the Dodo? I cant understand why anyone still uses them, how annoying is it to listen to the same music over and over until you can sit at the computer and manually upload more old music? I must be missing something..
Old 04-29-2016, 01:36 PM
Landshark
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Kris9884
Am I the only one who thinks a music storage device is the way of the Dodo? I cant understand why anyone still uses them, how annoying is it to listen to the same music over and over until you can sit at the computer and manually upload more old music? I must be missing something..
I can listen to 64gb of music over and over on shuffle. Once every so often, I throw on some new stuff.

Quick Reply: Review Easy Bluetooth streaming solution for my 09