Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Radar works / no sound & it appears Bose isn't working

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2016, 03:14 PM
jbelleit

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Radar works / no sound & it appears Bose isn't working

Hi all...thanks again for being a great thread. I used this site a TON a couple of years back when I bought my 2011 G37 vert...anywho...need some more help from you all if you can help me out.

Until very recently, there was a noticeable audio difference between when my top was up and down. But recently, it sounds like my rear sub isn't working. In addition, my bose headrest speakers used to made produce sound (albeit not loud by any means) and now they don't.

Lastly, my radar continues to work and decreases the volume of my radio when I get near an object, but the beeping sound no longer works.

I have checked all of my A/V settings (and again, nothing would have changed since I am the only driver).

Is this a fuse issue? Any other ideas? I really don't want to pay for an hour of diagnostics if it is something simple....

Thanks

JB
The following users liked this post:
RANDY350Z (03-22-2016)
Old 03-10-2016, 09:14 PM
kennyz424

Received 1,499 Likes on 1,272 Posts
Check and make sure all your fuses are good as well as your speaker's. If so you might have to pay for that hour diagnosis.
Old 03-10-2016, 11:20 PM
scarguy055

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In the hidden Diagnostics menu, there is a speaker test and some AV tests. I know the speaker test will run a test sound through each speaker individually. If you think the rears aren't working, you can at least verify easily this way.
Old 03-11-2016, 03:10 PM
jbelleit

Originally Posted by scarguy055
In the hidden Diagnostics menu, there is a speaker test and some AV tests. I know the speaker test will run a test sound through each speaker individually. If you think the rears aren't working, you can at least verify easily this way.
Thanks for that!!! I looked up the secret diagnostics menu, then after learning how to access it, I ran the self diagnostic. Apparently there is an error in my amp bc it is red (not green).

Do you think that means I need to replace my amp?
Old 03-11-2016, 03:10 PM
jbelleit

Originally Posted by jbelleit
Thanks for that!!! I looked up the secret diagnostics menu, then after learning how to access it, I ran the self diagnostic. Apparently there is an error in my amp bc it is red (not green).

Do you think that means I need to replace my amp?
Also, I ran the speaker test and none of my headrest and rear speakers made noise...
Old 03-11-2016, 08:00 PM
scarguy055

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Before replacing the amp, I'd make sure it has power, fuse isn't blown (don't ask me where it is), good ground, etc.
Old 03-22-2016, 10:33 PM
RANDY350Z
Registered Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I tried mine since I just purchased a pre-owned IPL and my sonar does not come on. I turned it on in nave screen and the button is not lit for off. Can anyone help?
Old 03-26-2016, 10:53 PM
RANDY350Z
Registered Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! It works, LOL. I did a test, guess I didn't back up to a big enough object!
Old 09-14-2019, 01:07 PM
candytheiplvert
Registered Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Fuse for Headrest Speakers?

Old thread here but similar problems as you all had. Ran the speaker test in self-diagnosis and no sound. All other speakers work great, full power. No other issues. I had the door trim on d/s replaced and it came back with no headrest speakers working. Is there a wiring harness from the door speaker to the headrest speaker perhaps? Where is the fuse for the headrest speakers? Thanks!
Old 09-14-2019, 02:20 PM
Surfnazi
Registered Member

Received 176 Likes on 165 Posts
Do you have auto sound adjustment on? If so turn it off
Old 09-14-2019, 02:44 PM
candytheiplvert
Registered Member

You mean the setting after the bose audio pilot, I believe it's called "surround sound"? It's all the way up.
Old 09-14-2019, 02:59 PM
Surfnazi
Registered Member

Received 176 Likes on 165 Posts
There is setting for sound adjustment that adjusts volume when it hears more noise or less
Old 09-14-2019, 04:11 PM
ILM-NC G37S
Registered Member

Received 1,323 Likes on 1,073 Posts
Originally Posted by candytheiplvert
Is there a wiring harness from the door speaker to the headrest speaker perhaps? Where is the fuse for the headrest speakers?
For reference, the harnesses for the headrest speakers runs from the headrests (obviously) through the seat to the floor boards and then directly to the Bose amp. There is no separate fuse for the headrest speakers.

I know because I just recently installed a set in my Coupe.

Double check all of your audio settings. If they are good then the problem lies with the amp.

Last edited by ILM-NC G37S; 09-14-2019 at 05:44 PM.
Old 09-14-2019, 07:34 PM
candytheiplvert
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Surfnazi
There is setting for sound adjustment that adjusts volume when it hears more noise or less
I played with that, along with the Bose Audio Pilot (on/off) as well as ran the speaker diagnostic test and there is no sound from them.

I'm thinking something got unplugged when he got into the door and unplugged the front door speaker OR in the middle console when he opened it up to change the heated/cooled seat switch. I looked and it appears to be nice and tight-everything plugged in.

Checked both 15a BOSE fuses in the kick panel as well as the one under the hood and they were fine. Guess I could replace as a preventative measure??? If a Bose amp was "out" wouldn't I notice with other speakers? My other speakers sound great, ran the tests and tests came back as they should.
Old 09-14-2019, 07:36 PM
candytheiplvert
Registered Member

Originally Posted by ILM-NC G37S
For reference, the harnesses for the headrest speakers runs from the headrests (obviously) through the seat to the floor boards and then directly to the Bose amp. There is no separate fuse for the headrest speakers.

I know because I just recently installed a set in my Coupe.

Double check all of your audio settings. If they are good then the problem lies with the amp.
Good to know. Question-you didn't see exactly where they ran on the floor boards did you? Perhaps mine got unplugged when my guy was messing with my heated/cooled seat switch or middle console when he was trying to diagnose what's wrong. It worked right before I brought it it, now it doesn't. If the amp is out-wouldn't that affect the other speakers too? And wouldn't it come up "red" instead of "green" on the diagnostic test?

Quick Reply: Radar works / no sound & it appears Bose isn't working