Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Radar works / no sound & it appears Bose isn't working

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2019, 01:07 AM
candytheiplvert
Registered Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Well the worst news possible. They tested the amp and found some bad channels inside the amp internally. $3k to replace. Special order, must pay up front. All for those small four headrest speakers that make the sound system come alive with the top down. Is it worth it? Should I do it? Screw it and leave it where it is. So many choices. Or... find a used one on fleabay for $600 roll the dice or how about this: I bought a new "open box" on fleabay for $400, $350 with coupon and it will be here in a couple of days!!! Not happy I have to make these repairs, kind of my last straw with this car. Very unhappy with the electrical and quirky problems with such low miles. 31k. Shouldn't have harnesses going out, amps going out, two sets of rotors and pads, three sets of tires and a full brass orchestra of noise anytime the top is up and you go over a bump. I won't be buying another Infiniti car. Nope. Back to Lexus after this one. I'll report back after I get the amp installed. Up for sale: Used Bose convertible amp. Most channels work!
Old 09-27-2019, 08:54 AM
ILM-NC G37S
Registered Member

Received 1,323 Likes on 1,073 Posts
Not trying to sound snide, but did you buy this car new/used? Is it possible it was flood damaged? Not that it matters presently, but perhaps you need to dump the car before it gets too overwhelming? I know the main issues with the 'verts are the top/flaps/microswitches, but the rest of the car is still basically a coupe and should, relatively, be rock solid.

Just a curiosity really, maybe you just bought the sour lemon...

I also replied to your other thread about the seats....
Old 09-28-2019, 10:14 AM
takemorepills
Registered Member

Received 58 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by candytheiplvert
Well the worst news possible. They tested the amp and found some bad channels inside the amp internally. $3k to replace. Special order, must pay up front. All for those small four headrest speakers that make the sound system come alive with the top down. Is it worth it? Should I do it? Screw it and leave it where it is. So many choices. Or... find a used one on fleabay for $600 roll the dice or how about this: I bought a new "open box" on fleabay for $400, $350 with coupon and it will be here in a couple of days!!! Not happy I have to make these repairs, kind of my last straw with this car. Very unhappy with the electrical and quirky problems with such low miles. 31k. Shouldn't have harnesses going out, amps going out, two sets of rotors and pads, three sets of tires and a full brass orchestra of noise anytime the top is up and you go over a bump. I won't be buying another Infiniti car. Nope. Back to Lexus after this one. I'll report back after I get the amp installed. Up for sale: Used Bose convertible amp. Most channels work!
Something bad happened to your car. Even if the history is "clear", I can assure you something bad happened to your car. If the same thing, whatever it was, happened to a used Lexus, you'd have the very same issues.

I'm no Nissan/Infiniti fanboy, but for all the warts that Nissan has, electrical gremlins is almost non-existent on any Nissan I've ever come across. I became an ASE tech in the mid 90's, have owned Z31's, Z32's (300ZX's) V6 S12's, Gen 3 and Gen 4 Maxima, I even put a Gen 5 drivetrain in my Gen 4 car and never had an issue even after modifying it!

As for the rattles/noises...that wouldn't surprise me! My low-miles 2014 coupe has rattles/noises. But so did my 2016 GTI after 18-20 months, so does my wife's Saab, and man, my truck....that thing has got noises too.