Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

G37 Coupe Speaker and Amp recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2016, 05:17 PM
jcm707
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
G37 Coupe Speaker and Amp recommendations

Hey guys i just recently got a g37 coupe and it had all the speakers removed. Im in the process of trying to find the right equipment. Went to a few different shops and they recommended 2 way components for the front and 2 coax for the rear but i need help picking the speakers and an amp to run them. Hoping to find something decent that i don't have to spend a ton of money on. Thanks!
Old 03-08-2016, 09:23 PM
jcm707
Registered Member

Anyone? lol
Old 03-08-2016, 10:45 PM
kennyz424

Received 1,499 Likes on 1,272 Posts
I'm going to be honest and say I don't know much about car audio but I did some research and hopefully some of these links can help you get to where you want

Help me upgrade my 2009 infiniti g37 sound system

Infiniti G37 Audio ? Radio, Speaker, Subwoofer, Stereo

Infiniti G37 Coupe Bose Speakers Upgrade - General Car A/V Discussion - Car Audio, Video, & GPS - Crutchfield Forums

... also I'm curious why the car you bought had no speakers or amp in it lol
Old 03-08-2016, 10:57 PM
jcm707
Registered Member

Originally Posted by kennyz424
I'm going to be honest and say I don't know much about car audio but I did some research and hopefully some of these links can help you get to where you want

Help me upgrade my 2009 infiniti g37 sound system

Infiniti G37 Audio ? Radio, Speaker, Subwoofer, Stereo

Infiniti G37 Coupe Bose Speakers Upgrade - General Car A/V Discussion - Car Audio, Video, & GPS - Crutchfield Forums

... also I'm curious why the car you bought had no speakers or amp in it lol
Thanks Kenny! Although I've been looking all over and have already stumbled across all those links haha theres not a lot of info on audio builds for these cars. And I bought it without speakers because it was too good of a deal, car runs great and everything checks out.
Car was actually listed on here, heres a link to the original owners post https://www.myg37.com/forums/g-s-fs/...k-12000-a.html
Old 03-09-2016, 02:36 AM
WhiteWater

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
In the process of planning my stereo as well. I'm still undecided on most of it though.

Luckily it looks like you have(had) Bose which means adding an amp and wiring for it will be alot more simple. You can get an amp that accepts high lvl speaker inputs or tap into the rear bose amp and get RCA's from there via speaker wire->rca cable.

There are a ton of speaker companies out but I would get something around 60-100RMS and an amp doing 100rmsX4 to power both front and rear. Agreed on the front components and rear coaxial.

Some companies to check out... JBL, CDT, Eclipse, Focal, Hertz, also a ton of underground audio companies with good products.
Old 03-09-2016, 02:45 AM
jcm707
Registered Member

Originally Posted by WhiteWater
In the process of planning my stereo as well. I'm still undecided on most of it though.

Luckily it looks like you have(had) Bose which means adding an amp and wiring for it will be alot more simple. You can get an amp that accepts high lvl speaker inputs or tap into the rear bose amp and get RCA's from there via speaker wire->rca cable.

There are a ton of speaker companies out but I would get something around 60-100RMS and an amp doing 100rmsX4 to power both front and rear. Agreed on the front components and rear coaxial.

Some companies to check out... JBL, CDT, Eclipse, Focal, Hertz, also a ton of underground audio companies with good products.
Thanks WhiteWater, yeah but all the wiring is changed around so I have to have a shop do the install but i think the original owner tapped into the head unit and split everything into rcas. still a little confused on it lol. I'm actually considering these Precision Power 3 way components now there fairly cheap and have tons of great reviews.
Precision Power PPI P65c3 6.5" 3-Way Component Speakers w/ AMT Tweeter

Precision Power P65c3 - Mid's and highs - SMD Forum

What are you thinking of doing for your build?
Old 03-09-2016, 03:32 PM
ai3j50

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by jcm707
Hey guys i just recently got a g37 coupe and it had all the speakers removed. Im in the process of trying to find the right equipment. Went to a few different shops and they recommended 2 way components for the front and 2 coax for the rear but i need help picking the speakers and an amp to run them. Hoping to find something decent that i don't have to spend a ton of money on. Thanks!
I replaced the front door speakers and tweeters in my Bose coupe with Image Dynamics CXS64 and a Precision audio P400.4 amp to drive them. Clean sound and good price points. I would recommend this combo
Old 03-09-2016, 03:50 PM
jcm707
Registered Member

Dang i had a long post but it said it needed to be approved, are we not allowed to post links to other websited by chance? lol

Originally Posted by ai3j50
I replaced the front door speakers and tweeters in my Bose coupe with Image Dynamics CXS64 and a Precision audio P400.4 amp to drive them. Clean sound and good price points. I would recommend this combo
I actually purchased the Precision Power PPI P65c3 last night saw some good reviews on them. IS the amp you got the Precision Power PPI P900.4?? I was about to buy it but didnt know if should or not
Old 03-09-2016, 03:52 PM
jcm707
Registered Member

Did you use a line out converter or a processor by chance?
Old 03-10-2016, 01:56 PM
ai3j50

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by jcm707
Did you use a line out converter or a processor by chance?
I used a processor, Also from Precision

To answer your earlier question yes I'm using the Precision P900.4 amp
Old 03-10-2016, 03:21 PM
jcm707
Registered Member

I used a processor, Also from Precision

To answer your earlier question yes I'm using the Precision P900.4 amp
Sweet yeah im going to buy the p900.5 today. which processor did you use and how do you like it? Im about to buy the Audio Control LC7i but dont know if i should use something different
Old 03-10-2016, 07:01 PM
WhiteWater

There are a bunch of options I am figuring out. I spent way too much time researching the processors/LOC's the last few days. From what I gather the LC7i is one of the best options before going full digital. There is also the LCQ1 and DQ61 from AudioControl.

I just ordered all of my subwoofer stuff and decided to go with the basic LC2i until I figure out what my plans are for components. That DQ61 has my eye for the moment.
Old 03-10-2016, 07:51 PM
jcm707
Registered Member

There are a bunch of options I am figuring out. I spent way too much time researching the processors/LOC's the last few days. From what I gather the LC7i is one of the best options before going full digital. There is also the LCQ1 and DQ61 from AudioControl.

I just ordered all of my subwoofer stuff and decided to go with the basic LC2i until I figure out what my plans are for components. That DQ61 has my eye for the moment.
Yeah I think im going to go with the LC7i for now its pretty cheap on amazon. Got my speakers delivered today i went with the Precision Power PPI P65c3 3 way components. Hopefully getting them installed next wednesday if my order for my amp goes through with jet,com
Old 03-10-2016, 09:24 PM
WhiteWater

Have you planned on where to mount the tweeters?
Old 03-10-2016, 10:13 PM
jcm707
Registered Member

Have you planned on where to mount the tweeters?
Not sure yet, I'm hoping they just fit in the sailpanel where the OEM Tweeter was. Do you think theyll fit?

Quick Reply: G37 Coupe Speaker and Amp recommendations