Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Bose system Question?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2016, 07:20 PM
smitty37g

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Well I will have to see which plug my wifes Ipod has and just load it up with music and go. so far the headphone to rca works good, just put my phone in one of the cup holders and go... lol
Old 01-16-2016, 12:19 PM
smitty37g

Is there a way to turn up the sub slightly??? You can hear it in the rear seat but not the front
Old 01-17-2016, 09:29 AM
Landshark
Registered Member

Received 187 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by smitty37g
Is there a way to turn up the sub slightly??? You can hear it in the rear seat but not the front

get a powered sub. this is the best audio mod you can do, aside from using something to adjust the Bose amp's crappy EQ.

here is the Bose sub - shallow, with a wimpy magnet.

Old 01-17-2016, 11:20 AM
smitty37g

I see... and they call that a magnet?? lol Well. I guess I'll be saving for an amp.. I left my old system in the old car..
Thanks for the info.
Old 01-17-2016, 12:15 PM
Landshark
Registered Member

You can try using a music app with an EQ (I use N7 Player in my other car) and adjusting the EQ ... Might help a little ....
Old 01-17-2016, 04:39 PM
smitty37g

Well im using pandora.. No eq settings..
But its ok for now.. Thanks
Old 01-20-2016, 11:31 PM
andy92129
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Reading through the Thread, I had an 08 G35X Sedan and really liked the Bose and Driver's Audio Stage. If you play a CD, you will be truly impressed that the 24-bit Bur-Brown DAC sounds that good. The 2013 G37 does not sound the same playing a CD.

The cable for the iPod changed between 09 and the previous 08. I wasted an iPod 160GB classic when it got fried because I used the wrong cable; I paid for learning that little lesson and now know that iPods can be fixed.
Old 01-20-2016, 11:38 PM
smitty37g

Well I will have to make a cd and test it out.. I ordered my ipod cable for my year so hopefully i wont burn up my wife ipod.. Lol
Old 02-05-2016, 01:40 PM
4DOORFUN

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Landshark
another very roundabout way to get Bluetooth music from your phone is to get:

USB Bluetooth adapter
Amazon.com: (Smart & Portable) MINI USB Bluetooth 3.5mm Stereo Audio Music Receiver & Adapter for Home Stereo , Portable Speakers , Headphones , Car (AUX In) Music Sound Systems , and more 3.5mm Media Devices: Automotive

12V-USB power adapter
Amazon.com: BIRUGEAR Metalic Black 2-Port USB Car Charger Adapter 2A output for Cell Phone, Smartphone, iPhone, Tablet, MP3 Players, Ebooks, e-Reader: Cell Phones & Accessories

mini-RCA cable
Amazon.com: Cmple 3.5Mm Mini Plug To 2 RCA Hook Computer To Stereo, Ipod - 6 Ft: Electronics

plug 12V-power adapter into 12V socket
plug Bluetooth adapter into 12V-power adapter to power it
plug mini end of cable into Bluetooth adapter audio out, and RCA end into car
pair phone to Bluetooth adapter

had to do that in my '08 Evo, which does Bluetooth calling, but not audio.
this at least keeps all cords out of sight in the armrest.
Good thinking on this as I have a 2009 and wish I could stream music. So if my phone is connected to the Bluetooth adapter, does it then disconnect from the car? Or can it be connected to both as the same time?
Old 02-05-2016, 02:02 PM
smitty37g

My wife gave me her ipod.. I got the plug... But it will play the music for about 30sec then stop.... The controls and songs and the ablility to change is there.. No sound through system. Just sound in ipod??
Oh well..
Old 02-05-2016, 08:41 PM
Landshark
Registered Member

Originally Posted by 4DOORFUN
Good thinking on this as I have a 2009 and wish I could stream music. So if my phone is connected to the Bluetooth adapter, does it then disconnect from the car? Or can it be connected to both as the same time?
the 2009 G37 will do phone Bluetooth, but not audio streaming Bluetooth?

thats the way it is on my 2008 Evo ... i have my phone connected for calls, and an old smartphone (dedicated just for music) connected to the USB Bluetooth dongle.

i would think you could do it that way, it will just see phone and audio on the two devices.

didnt try in my G37 (2013, w/Nav), because it already
does audio streaming.
Old 02-23-2016, 07:23 PM
smitty37g

WEll, im about tired of this Bose system... It will not recored CDs to the hard drive and I put it on auto record. My Ipod only plays for about 30 seconds and then the sound stops, but the control is still there. Lastly, the rear speakers suck and have no real volume.. lol

Has anyone connected a 3 channel amp to the rear speakers and a sub box??

Is there a way to get the CD to burn songs to the hard drive??
I think I will try a factory reset and see what happens.
Old 02-24-2016, 09:24 AM
Landshark
Registered Member

WEll, im about tired of this Bose system... It will not recored CDs to the hard drive and I put it on auto record. My Ipod only plays for about 30 seconds and then the sound stops, but the control is still there. Lastly, the rear speakers suck and have no real volume.. lol
don't waste your time with the hard drive. i have that feature on another car, and it just takes way too long.

try the Bluetooth adapter.

another option is to do the DVD hack for video-in-motion (cannot speak of this here ) and burn an MP3 DVD. i use Roxio Creator software to make these for my other car, and they display album art and custom backgrounds while allowing use of the steering wheel controls.
you could possibly do this without the DVD hack - don't know if the G will still play the audio (and just leave screen blank) while in motion ...

here's a crappy pic of the music DVD screen ...
Old 02-24-2016, 11:39 PM
smitty37g

It will probably leave it blank... Well I know most Bose house stuff sounds awesome and the car Bose sounds like crap.. If it didn't have the ac controls built in, I would yank it out and redo the whole thing aftermarket style.. lol
Old 02-25-2016, 09:48 AM
Landshark
Registered Member

It will probably leave it blank... Well I know most Bose house stuff sounds awesome and the car Bose sounds like crap.
its the amp EQ that kills it. the speakers actually sound good with an aftermarket sub and EQ correction.

i use Viper4Android on an old smartphone (over Bluetooth) to fix the "muffled, covered-with-a-blanket" sound and i am really impressed after some tweaking.

i originally wanted to tear everything out, but now i don't.

Quick Reply: Bose system Question?