Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Android Marshmallow (6.0.1) for USB Reading Audio/Music/Pandora

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2015, 03:16 PM
dhawal.chheda

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Android Marshmallow (6.0.1) for USB Reading Audio/Music/Pandora

Hello,
I am a new android user and need your advice here. I have used my infiniti for 3 years with iPhone without a problem. It would read from USB, detect the songs and play and when I switch to apps like Pandora, youtube, Netflix it would automatically start playing them. When I connected my new Android 6p to the car via USB, it doesn't read into it. It charges fine however so the cable seems to be compatible and fine. Do I need to take it to the dealership to update the car firmware or do something with the options in the car itself. Any help is appreciated as I have a long commute and usually use my time listening to music/podcasts etc. Thanks for reading this and the help
Old 12-31-2015, 02:06 PM
puff2ice
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by dhawal.chheda
Hello,
I am a new android user and need your advice here. I have used my infiniti for 3 years with iPhone without a problem. It would read from USB, detect the songs and play and when I switch to apps like Pandora, youtube, Netflix it would automatically start playing them. When I connected my new Android 6p to the car via USB, it doesn't read into it. It charges fine however so the cable seems to be compatible and fine. Do I need to take it to the dealership to update the car firmware or do something with the options in the car itself. Any help is appreciated as I have a long commute and usually use my time listening to music/podcasts etc. Thanks for reading this and the help
What year is your car and did it come with navigation? If your car is newer than 2009 and it did not come with navi, the best solution to stream music is a fm transmitter or saving mp3's to a thump drive.
Old 01-29-2016, 03:19 AM
wise1one

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a 2013 jouney and havent had any success with playing music through thump drive. what audio file format does it play?
Old 01-29-2016, 10:00 AM
Landshark
Registered Member

Received 187 Likes on 145 Posts
USB doesn't work with Android

options:

- get a cheap iPod and use that for music
- (if you have Nav) use Android device with Bluetooth
- (if you have AUX input) use Android headphone jack to AUX, or use Bluetooth adapter