Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Help Remote start cranks but doesn't turn over

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2015, 07:04 PM
the_wolff
Registered Member

Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts
Remote start cranks but doesn't turn over

It's starting to get chilly in the mornings, and I've been looking at those Fortin kits for remote start. I bought my 2013 G37x used a few months ago from Carmax and there was no mention of a remote start installed, but I figured it was worth messing with the fob a bit before dropping any cash. I hit "lock" 3 times, the parking lights flashed and the engine cranked for about a second and a half, but didn't turn over. It did that 3 times. I hopped in the car, hit the button, and it started immediately.

I tried it again after getting to work (after 60+ highway miles), and it did the same thing. Looking in the window as it does it, all the panels/lights come on inside, the driver's seat and console move and after the crank, everything shuts off, then it tries again twice more. There's absolutely no delay when starting with the ignition button while in the car. Any ideas? The car is under warranty, would the dealer help, or is it most likely an aftermarket system? I can upload a video if it would be helpful.
Old 11-17-2015, 02:20 PM
blazeplacid

Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts
I would remove the trim from the steering wheel and trace the wiring. See if it is a Fortin kit It maybe another brand.

Start from the push button and trace the wires. It should be a single brown wire that is tee'd in.
The following users liked this post:
the_wolff (11-17-2015)
Old 11-10-2021, 08:30 AM
mr. wav-e

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
?

Originally Posted by the_wolff
It's starting to get chilly in the mornings, and I've been looking at those Fortin kits for remote start. I bought my 2013 G37x used a few months ago from Carmax and there was no mention of a remote start installed, but I figured it was worth messing with the fob a bit before dropping any cash. I hit "lock" 3 times, the parking lights flashed and the engine cranked for about a second and a half, but didn't turn over. It did that 3 times. I hopped in the car, hit the button, and it started immediately.

I tried it again after getting to work (after 60+ highway miles), and it did the same thing. Looking in the window as it does it, all the panels/lights come on inside, the driver's seat and console move and after the crank, everything shuts off, then it tries again twice more. There's absolutely no delay when starting with the ignition button while in the car. Any ideas? The car is under warranty, would the dealer help, or is it most likely an aftermarket system? I can upload a video if it would be helpful.
“did you ever find out the problem?”

Old 11-27-2022, 01:56 PM
Meazy360s
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by the_wolff

Did you find out what the problem is I’m having the same