Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Centre console and screen dead

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2020, 11:59 AM
Thekingofknow32
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Check all 3

Originally Posted by LLMaximilian
Please help me
Did you figure it out? Please help me I’m having the same exact problem. Was your a/c stuck on full blast? I can’t figure this out on my own

Please remember that the Calsonic Kansei AC control unit AMP (white box above the CD/Navi media unit) needs to be replaced as well.
Check fuse, AC control AMP, and Media unit. Any of those could be the culprit.
Old 02-04-2021, 11:53 PM
Ilia Cazac
Registered Member

G37 display fix

Originally Posted by SS2006
Can you guys help me diagnose this problem. I'm out of warranty
Here is a video
G37 console - YouTube

Basically everything is dead, the AC is working automatically on its own, I can't control it. Screen is dead, music is dead, I thought the board was toast but it still lights up (buttons, and the clock, and airbag passenger 2 light). Looked at the back connections seem to be fine. I think what happened is buddy was installing the grom head unit, and he turned on the power (ON position) before all the connectors were back in place, because i'm getting that flashing airbag warning now too. I am hoping all he caused was a burnt fuse or two, where would I find the fuses related to the center console/display or head unit (if it exists)

Here's a pic. All is lit up. But screen is dead and no controls/buttons work, except for the hazard lights and clock adjusting, they work

Thanks alot!
Here’s how I solved mine
Old 02-05-2021, 12:02 PM
ILM-NC G37S
Registered Member

Received 1,280 Likes on 1,035 Posts
Originally Posted by Ilia Cazac
Here’s how I solved mine
https://youtu.be/sCjtaTNAoI8
Just for clarity, the "Pink" wire you referenced in your video (M72/pin 3) gets 12V+ from fuse 19 (10amp). Assuming the fuse is good you could have a bad soldering joint along that PINK wire. Either way, glad you found a workaround solution (and kudos for putting a fuse inline).
Old 09-30-2021, 06:20 PM
rayycashh
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Display screen still not working

I replaced screen and radio unit and it’s still not working what can I do now??? I’m stressed thinking about getting rid of car
Old 09-30-2021, 09:54 PM
rayycashh
Registered Member

Did you get it worked out? I’m having the same issue smh.

Originally Posted by LLMaximilian
Please help me
Did you figure it out? Please help me I’m having the same exact problem. Was your a/c stuck on full blast? I can’t figure this out on my own
Did you get it worked out I have taking it to Infiniti and they said replace screen which is $1400. I order screen and eBay and replaced it still doesn’t work. I’m thinking it has something to do with the wiring.
The following users liked this post:
2007 g35x sedan (10-15-2023)
Old 09-30-2021, 10:48 PM
rayycashh
Registered Member

So changing lower control panel fixed the issue?

Originally Posted by mj_39
If memory serves me correct my head unit reacted just as yours... My installer was the one to figure out and order the new control panel. I believe both the screen/control unit work as one so if one doesn't work the other one wont either. Once he replaced the lower control unit, the screen/all buttons started to work as normal.
So changing the lower control unit out fixed issues? I have already replaced screen and radio unit and still having issue. I’m going to purchase the control unit I really hope it works.
Old 11-15-2021, 12:56 PM
wwjd180

Did the control unit fix the issue or are you still dealing with this? I have a similar issue going on as well and I was wondering what you did to resolve.
Old 01-28-2022, 01:16 PM
rafidadon

Originally Posted by SS2006
Can you guys help me diagnose this problem. I'm out of warranty
Here is a video
G37 console - YouTube

Basically everything is dead, the AC is working automatically on its own, I can't control it. Screen is dead, music is dead, I thought the board was toast but it still lights up (buttons, and the clock, and airbag passenger 2 light). Looked at the back connections seem to be fine. I think what happened is buddy was installing the grom head unit, and he turned on the power (ON position) before all the connectors were back in place, because i'm getting that flashing airbag warning now too. I am hoping all he caused was a burnt fuse or two, where would I find the fuses related to the center console/display or head unit (if it exists)

Here's a pic. All is lit up. But screen is dead and no controls/buttons work, except for the hazard lights and clock adjusting, they work

Thanks alot!
You have to change 3 fuses in the driver side door. Audio/Mirror and the two BOS amps, this fixed the issue for me.
Old 04-11-2022, 08:02 PM
RANDY350Z
Registered Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I would take it to the dealer and find out whst the issue is. Let them know what you did too. If its going to be alot then I would get the tesla style radio install it and either sell it to car max or to a deanler or trade it in.
Old 08-23-2023, 05:54 PM
bigdawg514

Same issue

I have the same issue with my 2011 g25 the screen comes and goes and it shows a green screen with japanese letters and written please check program disk if anyone can help i would appreciate it
Old 09-08-2023, 03:37 PM
2007 g35x sedan
Registered Member

Black screen, AC stuck on, no AC/Audio controls

Since that YouTube video is taken down can you explain what you did to fix the issue because right now currently my situation is
Headunit is black, AC stuck at 60 degrees blowing at speed 3, radio/audio doesn’t work, clock and lighting on HVAC panel illuminates but none of the switches or dials work.

How do I fix this because I need my AC to be turned off, and be able to listen to music with AUX, also use my screen for backup camera, etc.
Old 09-29-2023, 06:34 PM
navecm
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Bumping this up as I am have the same issue after trying to upgrade to a 2014 screen.
The new screen came on but none of the functions worked, so I swapped back to the 2008 and now its dark, blower motor stuck on, and no radio. I checked the 3 fuses mentioned above, and they are all good. To those who have fixed this, please chime in, thanks!

Edit: My problem fixed itself, the old taking apart everything and putting it back together 3 times seemed to do the trick. Perhaps a loose connection.

Last edited by navecm; 09-29-2023 at 08:08 PM. Reason: Fixed