Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Advice?? USB for Music: Doesn't Play All but Some

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2015, 11:23 AM
tite_tite
Registered Member

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
Advice?? USB for Music: Doesn't Play All but Some

Hi,

2010 g37 sedan Bose

Can y'all assist?

My USB for music play some songs but skip some. I tried to format my USB both ways fat & ntf (I think those r the format) but same result

My music r in my iTunes library. I would create folder n USB & moves the songs I want from iTunes library. Some songs play but the ones that doesn't, skip. Any suggestion.

Thanks n advance
Old 02-28-2015, 01:00 PM
properdropper

Received 30 Likes on 30 Posts
EITHER of the following things bro, either the file is corrupted on the USB flashdrive when you transferred it over, or the songs bought from itunes are encrypted ... if they are encrypted itll only play on a ipod/iphone whatever or maybe the songs were purchased off another itunes account and is password encrypted with that persons account.. either one of those for sure man lol
Old 02-28-2015, 04:30 PM
tite_tite
Registered Member

Originally Posted by adriansalazar
EITHER of the following things bro, either the file is corrupted on the USB flashdrive when you transferred it over, or the songs bought from itunes are encrypted ... if they are encrypted itll only play on a ipod/iphone whatever or maybe the songs were purchased off another itunes account and is password encrypted with that persons account.. either one of those for sure man lol
Cool. Thnx for input. H-town Represent!!

The music fr iTunes library were from music CD that I encode/burn (think that's the term) to library. I transferred to USB drive & was able to play from USB from computer no problem thru Winamp or window media player.

Yeah, I think it might be corrupted as I think I might have seen the word corrupt on the car stereo display & it would go to next available song. It skipped bout 5-10 songs in a row.

Thnx again
Old 05-06-2015, 06:23 PM
tite_tite
Registered Member

Originally Posted by tite_tite
Cool. Thnx for input. H-town Represent!!

The music fr iTunes library were from music CD that I encode/burn (think that's the term) to library. I transferred to USB drive & was able to play from USB from computer no problem thru Winamp or window media player.

Yeah, I think it might be corrupted as I think I might have seen the word corrupt on the car stereo display & it would go to next available song. It skipped bout 5-10 songs in a row.

Thnx again
i messed around w/ the USB some more...

i changed the format from itunes library from mp4 to mp3. didn't work. i edit the name of the songs. i actually put a number in front of the songs... eg: 1, 2, 3, etc.

i didn't create any folder, just list of songs & w/ the number. all songs are playing without no problem. there is only 18 songs currently but i will try to add more w/ the same format & see if this fixes the problem.

i organized the songs by number but some playing in the G went out of whack but at least they are "all" playing.. woo hoo!!

you will still need to format in FAT tho... GL