Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

How can I play music from my phone in the car?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2015, 01:47 PM
G37Xtreme

Received 104 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by Moultese
No AUX jack is my biggest complaint about the audio system. I don't mind connecting via Bluetooth, but it's much easier and quicker to just plug an AUX cable in.
I somewhat disagree, and also agree.

I agree that it should have an aux input...but I disagree that using it is easier than bluetooth. I prefer not to have wires, and I get track info over BT, but I doubt I'd get that with the audio cable. In addition, I can skip tracks with the button on the steering wheel.

That said, I am a BIG FAN of giving customers options...so even though I'd never use the aux jack myself, I'd fight for your right to have one

Who do I gotta talk to over at Infiniti?

Last edited by G37Xtreme; 01-22-2015 at 02:38 PM.
Old 01-22-2015, 02:10 PM
chitown87

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Regarding the usb port, if I plug in my iPhone or iPod to listen to music that way, can I control it with the stereo and steering wheel controls? Or only on the iPhone itself?
Old 01-22-2015, 03:18 PM
smilinsteve
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by chitown87
Regarding the usb port, if I plug in my iPhone or iPod to listen to music that way, can I control it with the stereo and steering wheel controls? Or only on the iPhone itself?
Yes you can scroll through the artist, album, playlist menus, pick songs, skip songs, turn on or off shuffle etc with the stereo or steering wheel controls. Album and track info is displayed on the screen as well. No album art though, on my 2010.

My Touch rarely ever gets touched It stays in the center console

Last edited by smilinsteve; 01-22-2015 at 03:23 PM.
Old 01-22-2015, 03:20 PM
smilinsteve
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by G37Xtreme

I agree that it should have an aux input...but I disagree that using it is easier than bluetooth. I prefer not to have wires, and I get track info over BT, but I doubt I'd get that with the audio cable. In addition, I can skip tracks with the button on the steering wheel.

That said, I am a BIG FAN of giving customers options...so even though I'd never use the aux jack myself, I'd fight for your right to have one

Good points about Bluetooth, but a plus for the aux jack is sound quality.
Old 01-22-2015, 03:28 PM
Moultese
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by G37Xtreme

I don't know, but you get my vote.
Old 01-22-2015, 10:40 PM
ay37
Registered Member

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by smilinsteve
No. They offered the Premium non-nav system with hands free Bluetooth calling but not music streaming. There is no reason for them to not enable music streaming, other than to force you to buy the nav system.

Other annoying things about the audio system are that the head unit is not replaceable, it has no accessory jacks in back for adding components like Bluetooth, equalizer, etc, Only has basic bass and treble adjustment for a premium Bose system, has no aux jack, etc.
Other than that, its great
Gotcha... good to know... and I agree about the aux jack not being available with nav package... it's so SIMPLE!! why isn't it there lol. I also prefer BT, but say you're cruising along and ur buddy wants to connect his/her phone using aux without having to setup all the bluetooth