Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Help Adding Nav 2011 Vert

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2015, 10:23 PM
smonczka

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Adding Nav 2011 Vert

I just purchased a 2011 Vert. I love my car!!! It has everything I want except for two things... that low growl that used to wake up the neighbors when I first started it up in the morning and NAV

I was wondering...
  1. Is it possible to add the stock nav to it? It seems to have all the bells and whistles I'm looking for... nav, dvd, bluetooth, touch screen.
  2. About how much would this cost and is this something that the dealership would or should do?
  3. Is the stock nav any good? Do i really want to do this or would it be better to get something after market?
  4. If i go after market would it screw up my warranty?
  5. What are good aftermarket nav units out there? If you have links please post them.
I'm new to posting so if i have posted in the wrong area please let me know. Also any links to products or information would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Steve
Old 01-12-2015, 10:46 PM
ILM-NC G37S
Registered Member

Received 1,323 Likes on 1,073 Posts
This has been covered under several threads so feel free to search and read up on the subject.

In a nutshell the swap/install is NOT a plug-and-play arrangement. Wires have to be spliced, relocated, and fabricated. Unless you are a whiz at electronics it is not for the amateur. Eventually I will upgrade my '08 for the newer '10+ mainly for the better screen resolution once I get my other projects completed.

That said the dealership will not help you on this except to sell you a car that has NAV. I can't speak for quality of the OEM system or aftermarket alternatives. Personally I don't use NAV and have no need for it.

Hope this helps. Enjoy your new toy!
Old 01-13-2015, 03:29 PM
KAHBOOM
Super Moderator of Pwnage

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts
It can be done. But its not cheap and its not just a "swap" for OEM to OEM... People have applied alternative methods to get Navigation on screen however using an aftermarket integrated touchscreen system... I think that was a $1200 mod for most though after install

https://www.myg37.com/forums/audio-v...group-buy.html

Someone even has one for sale here
https://www.myg37.com/forums/private...ion-media.html

Last edited by KAHBOOM; 01-13-2015 at 03:37 PM.
Old 01-13-2015, 03:37 PM
smonczka

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the cost I can deal with, it's finding someone in my area who knows enough about the car to give me alternatives. Thank you both for your responses. I'm just starting to do research on this and any info is helpful.

Thanks again.