Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Help Audio Question for a g37s Coupe

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2014, 10:49 PM
GalaxyUser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Audio Question for a g37s Coupe

Hey all, I've browsed the forums a bit on this question, and couldn't find exactly what I was looking for, so I thought I would just post about it.

I have an 2009 Infiniti G37s coupe and it's the fully loaded model. Back when I bought it, i had an iphone. The car came with a wire that fit into a really odd looking port, but the other end connected to the charging port of my iphone and I could play music off my phone to my car. I could also control the music from my steering wheel and from the navigation screen. The wire ended up breaking after a few years and I also moved on from an Iphone to a Samsung Galaxy S4.

I've been contemplating buying a new wire for a while now, and I finally have decided to do just that. I just want to make sure i'm buying the right thing for what I want. I want to be able to connect my phone to my car and be able to stream spotify through the car audio. I also want to be able to control the songs through the navigation or steering wheel. I'm not sure if that's possible if using spotify and not the phone's audio app, but if it is, I want to be able to do it. Obviously I also need this to be for a samsung galaxy and to be compatible with the 2009 g37s. I looked around the forums and saw people being advised to buy 3.5mm to RCA adapter cables. I just wanted to make sure this would fit most if not all my requirements for my current set up. Appreciate all the help!

Best,
Galaxy
Old 09-28-2014, 07:09 AM
ILM-NC G37S
Registered Member

Received 1,323 Likes on 1,073 Posts
I, too, am facing this dilemma. I'm seriously debating dumping Apple altogether and I've been loyal to them since the first Mac came out in 85/85! Everyte they update or upgrade something it causes more headaches! I'm waiting to see what the Galaxy S6 will offer and by that time my current contract will be up. Anyway, enough about that rant....

The factory OEM iPod cable will only work with up to 4th gen (30pin) iPhones/iPods. Supposedly you can buy a adapter that will allow you to use 5th gen (lightning) models but, like many things Apple, they work for some and not others. I do know that the Tune2Air by Visseo lets you stream via Bluetooth and while it is for Apple others have used it Android devices with some mixed results.

Anything connected to the RCA plugs and you will lose steering wheel button control except for volume. I have my iphone connected to the RCA ports (I won't say why) and that is the only real downfall.

Good luck! (I think I have a extra factory iPod cable laying around somewhere. If so, I can send it you no problem)
Old 09-28-2014, 05:41 PM
GalaxyUser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you so much for your input! I would love to buy that iPod cable off you, but I want to use my Android phone for music as my old iPod can't stream Spotify I really appreciate the offer though. I guess I can do without the steering wheel control, as long as I can finally stop listening to the radio in my car haha. Can you suggest a good RCA plug to buy that would be compatible with Android? Thanks a bunch again!

Oh btw, after switching from iPhone, I was initially very displeased. I missed a lot of the iPhone features that made using iPhone so easy, especially iMessaging. Group texting is a bitch on the galaxy too, it lags like hell on the default messaging app. However, I switched by texting app to Google Hangouts and it's been amazing since then. I would say that both phones have their pros and cons. iPhone is great for being user friendly and if you are just going to be doing the basics of texting, social media, music, etc. Android has a lot more customizability, but it took me a lot longer to get the hang of everything. Let me know if you have any questions about galaxy, I got you!
Old 09-29-2014, 06:56 AM
ILM-NC G37S
Registered Member

Received 1,323 Likes on 1,073 Posts
I appreciate the offer Galaxy and will keep your offer in mind. My main gripe about the iPhone is lack of decent memory. It's getting harder to do things on 16gb when the iOS and the size of the apps are getting larger. It's just not enough. I can't even upgrade to iOS 8 if I wanted to- which I don't because of the bugs. I'll probably end up buying a 64gb iPod touch off eBay and switch to the S6. I'm not into all that social facepage and flitter nonsense- but I do need memory capacity!

When the time comes I'll come a knocking! Thanks man.