Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Relocating oem nav unit. Adding second double din deck.

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2014, 09:21 PM
Krieger88
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Relocating oem nav unit. Adding second double din deck.

So after my dismay with not liking dsp (I've had the p99rs in my old car and the jbl ms8 and helix dsp in this car) I'm a passive kinda guy. I just want a nicer deck, and with past experience I like pioneer decks. Trying to do a little research and have an idea of what I want to do. I cannot remove the oem deck so that's whatever. But If I buy another cd faceplate meant for modifying (keeping the original oem faceplate in a box if i ever need to sell the car one day) So pretty much the are where the oem decks buttons are and the cd insert slot I will be removing. I think the cd player or oem decks brain is behind the faceplate so i might relocate that to inside the glovebox or something. I have my eyes on a pioneer nex-4000. I'll find out soon if this idea is plausable and if it is I'll post pics and such.
Old 09-16-2014, 10:13 PM
Krieger88
Registered Member

ah ****, i didn't know it was an entire circuitboard behind the cd insert and radio buttons http://www.ebay.com/itm/07-08-INFINITI-G35-G37-OEM-CLIMATE-CONTROL-PLAYER-TRIM-RADIO-FACE-PLATE-SWITCH-/261433708553?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3cdea9d009&vxp=mtr
Old 09-17-2014, 09:19 AM
blazeplacid

Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts
yeah thats pretty much the reason that a custom install is required.

A few people have relocated the factory display screen by adding wire to the factory harnesses.

another option maybe to install a radio in the center console.
Old 09-17-2014, 05:55 PM
Krieger88
Registered Member

Originally Posted by blazeplacid
yeah thats pretty much the reason that a custom install is required.

A few people have relocated the factory display screen by adding wire to the factory harnesses.

another option maybe to install a radio in the center console.

I'm thinking about doing that relocated screen thing for the second headunit. Have the body in the glovebox, run whatever wires through the panels and through the spot where the stupid clock is. Have my installer fabricate some kind of mount or something to go over the radios buttons or whatever looks best. I just have to sell this damn helix dsp and I'm good to go.