Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Help FOR THE TUNERS...Where/How did you learn to Tune?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2014, 10:22 AM
Vance67

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
FOR THE TUNERS...Where/How did you learn to Tune?

So I did search a little but couldn't find what I was looking for...even searched google, not to say it's not there, but I couldn't find it.

Anyways, to the tuners out there, how did you learn how to tune?

It's a goal of mine to open a performance/tuner shop in the next 7-10 years if not sooner. I have owned my own business before and want to again, but this time I want it to be about what I love. I would also like to be the shop tuner but to be honest...don't know where to begin to start learning &/or practicing...vehicles are really my only passion in life and want to learn as much as I can and be hands on as much as I can.

I have found places online like efi101.com, but I feel that most tuners have probably (I really don't know) not gone to classes like this. I could be completely wrong and I am open to classes like this, I would travel for them if need be and wouldn't have a problem paying what they are asking. But I'm sure the info is out there, I just don't know where to look.

Any suggestions people may have on where to start looking, what to start reading, any simulators I can use would be greatly appreciated.

Also, if there are any tuners in the New England area willing to help me with maybe hands on training I would pay, but understand that this is the way you make your money and may not want to teach me the tricks of the trade.

I'm very interested in this and want to start learning right away...again, just don't know where to start or even what to look for as far as where to start

Does someone make a simulator for EFI?

Any and all help is appreciated, I think I have explained what I'm looking for, but if you have questions about what I'm looking for or what I want to do please ask. I would love to tune my car myself and maybe my friends cars, since opening a performance/tuner shop is a long way away if it happens.

As always, thank you guys for your help
Old 05-29-2014, 05:50 PM
Vance67

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
Bueller... Bueller... Bueller...

Evening bump in the hopes a tuner or someone is on and knows