Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Trunk dimensions for sub fit??

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2014, 10:25 AM
SwissCheeseHead

Received 87 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by Omarg35
so I hate to resurrect this thread but I didnt wanna make a new one. Anyways I ended up buying the said package. It is a dual 12" (not 10) Infinity subwoofer with a kenwood amp integrated into the back of it. Now being that this is a massive package and not necessary for a sports coupe, I got it for an absolute steal so I had no choice but to purchase it.

But upon examination, of course it doesn't fit in the trunk, in fact doesn't even come close. My questions now are:
Where can I find a proper dual 12" box? I did quick google search and nothing fits that criteria including zenclosures for coupes

OR

Can I just throw these in the backseat and hope for the best? I rarely drive the car, let alone use the backseat at all so the space is not my concern. If I can wire it up and make it not look like some hack job, i dont see any downsides...?
Hmm....no offense but I see fail all over this post.

"no choice but to purchase it?" Did the seller force you at gunpoint?

-1 against throwing the sub in the back seat, but you're the one driving the car, not me.
+1 on the Zenclosures box. Unless the subs need gobs of cubic footage, the zenclosures box will fit your needs.

I have one for a 10in sub and it sounds fantastic.

I doubt that you really can't find a box for your subs. If you're really particular about the box specs, just build your own. It's not difficult and you can make it the size you want.
Old 03-21-2014, 03:53 PM
Omarg35

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
well I purchased it because if it doesn't work out in this car, I can always throw it in my daily which is a sedan.. and for the right price, why not? I had the cash and can always sell them for twice what I paid.

the Zenclosure box is specific for 8-10" subs, not 12. Unless I need to call and specify this or they make them by request, they will not fit my speakers (without modification that is).

My goal is to buy a g37 custom box, not just any box that fits dual 12s, because yes, as you stated there are many. After some quick google magic, I have come to realize that no, a dual 12 is not a standard for g37 coupes. Most people aim for single 12s or 10s or even 8s. So finding a box to fit these specific needs is not an easy task. But yeah, worse case scenario ill have to build my own.
Old 03-23-2014, 03:08 AM
Lostaroth
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi I'm new to the forums and this is my first post but I thought I would offer some input. I just got my g37 coupe 2 weeks ago and first thing I did was throw my old 12's in the trunk. This is currently a work in progress but here is how I did my set up to keep trunk space.
Attached Thumbnails Trunk dimensions for sub fit??-2014-03-17-20.36.13.jpg