Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Been seeing some theft topics lately car alarms?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2014, 10:18 PM
Byron Sexton

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Been seeing some theft topics lately car alarms?

Anybody thinking or have invested in installing a car alarm on their G37's?

Seriously thinking that this might be a smart investment for our cars
Old 02-25-2014, 09:43 AM
UN1263

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Personally, I think they're a waste of money because they don't deter smash and grab thieves and most people simply ignore them nowadays.

If you're really concerned about the car or your property within the car disappearing, spend a few extra bucks a month and drop your comprehensive down to $250. Not to mention, as you get older, you're a whole lot more likely to make a comp claim than a collision claim.

YMMV
Old 02-25-2014, 09:58 AM
Chris11LE
Registered Member

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by UN1263
Personally, I think they're a waste of money because they don't deter smash and grab thieves and most people simply ignore them nowadays.

If you're really concerned about the car or your property within the car disappearing, spend a few extra bucks a month and drop your comprehensive down to $250. Not to mention, as you get older, you're a whole lot more likely to make a comp claim than a collision claim.

YMMV
Agreed. I used to be all for aftermarket alarms, but mostly because "it was cool" and I had expensive aftermarket stereo systems in my vehicles too.

I think nowadays with transponder keyfobs, etc its at least a LITTLE harder to take a vehicle.

I just make sure my insurance is paid up....if they really want the car they are going to take it. Personally Id be more worried about them stealing parts off of it vs taking the whole car. As much as we love our G's, they arent exactly "rare".
Old 02-25-2014, 10:30 AM
UN1263

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Chris11LE
Agreed. I used to be all for aftermarket alarms, but mostly because "it was cool" and I had expensive aftermarket stereo systems in my vehicles too.

I think nowadays with transponder keyfobs, etc its at least a LITTLE harder to take a vehicle.

I just make sure my insurance is paid up....if they really want the car they are going to take it. Personally Id be more worried about them stealing parts off of it vs taking the whole car. As much as we love our G's, they arent exactly "rare".

Not being rare actually increases demand for stolen used parts. When you look at the list of top 10 stolen rides, it's the high volume rides like Accord, F-150, Silverado etc.
Old 02-25-2014, 10:40 AM
Chris11LE
Registered Member

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by UN1263
Not being rare actually increases demand for stolen used parts. When you look at the list of top 10 stolen rides, it's the high volume rides like Accord, F-150, Silverado etc.
Parts, yes....I know taking a whole car gives you a whole lot of parts, but the thefts Ive seen around here are PARTS from the high demand rides.

In fact my sister in law had the wheels/tires stolen off her 98 Accord *while it was at the dealer*.