Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Playing streaming music from Android

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2013, 09:05 PM
Tek Jansen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Playing streaming music from Android

Hey Guys,

Decided the new lease deal on the G37 was too good to pass up. Love the car and just drove home from the dealership when it occurred to me that I made a terrible oversight.. my 2013 G37x with the premium package has neither bluetooth nor an aux jack. I use spotify on my android device for all my music and it will not play through the USB port, simply comes over the phone's speakers. I don't know if I'm missing something obvious but is there a way around this? I'm still under contract for my current phone and I'm not going to jump to Apple just to be able to play music through this car. What gives with the lack of aux jacks? I have until Tuesday/150 miles to return the car no questions asked ... I'd hate to do it but its a bit of a deal breaker on a car this expensive.

Thanks for your help guys
Old 10-19-2013, 09:23 PM
sniper27

Received 79 Likes on 72 Posts
Unless you have the Nav package, you can't stream music via bluetooth.
Old 10-19-2013, 09:40 PM
Tek Jansen

Originally Posted by sniper27
Unless you have the Nav package, you can't stream music via bluetooth.
But I can't even play spotify from the car's USB port to my phone's micro usb port? A friend has a Chevy Cruze that can do that! Granted she has an iPhone rather than an Android. I feel like a doit ... but this just doesn't make sense on a luxury car.
Old 10-19-2013, 10:13 PM
JayDeePee
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
There is a way. Some members have spliced into XM radio and used it as an AUX alternative. My 09 has no Nav and bluetooth was never a feature. However, my car came with RCA inputs and I connected an Auris Bluetooth adapter so I can stream music through my sound system. You're right it makes no sense for them to remove the aux inputs. Even my wife's Scion has that feature. I guess infiniti wanted you to pay an additional $2500 for Nav pkg.
Old 10-19-2013, 10:18 PM
Tek Jansen

Originally Posted by JayDeePee
There is a way. Some members have spliced into XM radio and used it as an AUX alternative. My 09 has no Nav and bluetooth was never a feature. However, my car came with RCA inputs and I connected an Auris Bluetooth adapter so I can stream music through my sound system. You're right it makes no sense for them to remove the aux inputs. Even my wife's Scion has that feature. I guess infiniti wanted you to pay an additional $2500 for Nav pkg.
Yeah I did a little more digging after I made this post and found the thread you're likely referencing. I don't know ... not crazy about doing anything of that sort to a leased car. Maybe this is just a sign that I should take advantage of the 3 day/150 mile return policy and save my money! Either way, I appreciate the quick response.
Old 10-19-2013, 10:23 PM
*ICE*
Registered Member

Received 86 Likes on 54 Posts
does your car has the Aux stereo input wit the 3 colors red, white and yellow jack? Check the center armrest box. IF you do have it, this is all you need.

Amazon.com : Mediabridge - 3.5mm Male To (2) RCA Stereo Audio Cable - (6 Feet) - Step Down Design accommodates iPhone, iTouch, SmartPhones & MP3 cases : Stereo Jack Cables : Electronics Amazon.com : Mediabridge - 3.5mm Male To (2) RCA Stereo Audio Cable - (6 Feet) - Step Down Design accommodates iPhone, iTouch, SmartPhones & MP3 cases : Stereo Jack Cables : Electronics

Old 10-19-2013, 10:31 PM
sniper27

Received 79 Likes on 72 Posts
Infiniti got rid of the 3 aux jacks after 2009 or 2008, can't remember. But I know 2010+ it only has USB port.