Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

If we ditch Bose and keep it simple...?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2013, 06:48 PM
Newad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If we ditch Bose and keep it simple...?

Can anyone recommend a top shelf custom audio shop in the state of Maine?

I'd like to swap out amps and speakers at a shop that has probably done this before. I've got two G37 to do this project on, two sedans.

Like to add subs also with the most efficient method possible vs sound quality. This is to say I'd prefer it something like the Bazooka without being crappy like those...

Will I need to rewire the cars also??

If anyone has a good idea on what the cost would be for a simple but noticeable upgrade please drop numbers for me to budget with.

I'm still reading through the thread here on audio/video so forgive me if this is over covered info.

I was thinking go budget with a pioneer amp replacement and pioneer (only their best) speakers. Sub I'm stumped on. I'd need a separate amp here. What would mix well? I haven't seen any good Pioneer car subwoofer units prebuilt. I may be able to afford JL but can't afford to equip both with Focal level.

I could spend about 1k on both cars. If that's too low don't embarrass me--LOL I just can't buy a huge system.

I would ultimately prefer, and most audiophiles will HATE this, to just upgrade my Bose stereo with Bose but that's a new thread.

Thank you!
Old 09-28-2013, 11:40 PM
blazeplacid

Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts
If you want to bypass the bose and run a new amp...it can get pricey.

You will need a processor or some type of Line out put converter.
Processors start around $300 for a decent used unit. LOC ~$100 for a decent one that will block noise.
Processor will give you TONS of control of your audio. LOC will usually give you bass / treble control.
Set up and install is not cheap either for either.

The bose amps are the weak point. Either bypass them or totally remove them.
Old 09-29-2013, 10:46 AM
Newad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
$200 used ebay processor
$340-420 all speakers new/used
$155 single 10" enclosed subwoofer --Fosgate?
$350 used amp? ebay maybe

About $400 to custom install? What is it ..about 35% of the budget?

Done at maybe $1500?

I mean these aren't all questions just proposing what-ifs without actual prices. Does it look sorta close?

May go Pioneer Elite or whatever the higher end Pioneer is. I know it isn't the finest. Alpine available in this range also.
Old 09-29-2013, 09:02 PM
blazeplacid

Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts
it just depends on what you want from you audio setup

I would do a nice front front stage and not worry about the rears.

A single 10" can sound great, but don't expect miracles from a budget 10" set up.

$1500 is reasonable but it would be a little tough. Dont go cheap on the install.

A great installer can make $200 mids sound like you spent a lot more. Proper tuning and installation are very key in audio.
Old 09-30-2013, 02:18 PM
quakerroatmeal
Registered Member

Received 97 Likes on 79 Posts
I actually have some equipment for sell if you're interested. Everything from processor, 4ch amp mono amp and subwoofer. Amp's are some quality Memphis amps, sub is a SQ stereo integrity subwoofer. And a Audiocontrol processor. Only thing missing pretty much is door speakers. Should meet your budget. Could PM me if you have any questions.