Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Help Back up camera!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2013, 10:22 PM
Yan141

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
Back up camera!!!

I have 2009 G37x sedan non-nav package.
I'm thinking to install back up camera, does it come pre-wired?
All I need is the oem kit?
Anybody done this before?
I appreciate all the info from u guys.
Old 09-10-2013, 11:50 PM
Corey Kunak

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Yan141
I have 2009 G37x sedan non-nav package.
I'm thinking to install back up camera, does it come pre-wired?
All I need is the oem kit?
Anybody done this before?
I appreciate all the info from u guys.
it does not come prewired. buy a navtool (i have one) and also buy the trunk lip with the camera. you can use the oem camera with navtool just cut the connector off of it. red is power the 2 blacks are ground and the white is video.
Old 10-10-2013, 02:24 PM
zpieces

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What does the camera wiring in the trunk look like and how do you access it?
Old 10-10-2013, 10:20 PM
Corey Kunak

Originally Posted by zpieces
What does the camera wiring in the trunk look like and how do you access it?
Your car is not prwired for backup camera
So you will not have the stock wireing harness for the camera control mod

If you buy a nav tool you have to run 2 wires from where the radio is to the trunk. One cable is for video and one is for the 12v to trig the image to display when in reverse.

If useing the oem camera you can tap the red wire to the positive and the back to the ground on your right reverse light that will power the camera.
Connect the white wire to the video cable that connect to the nav tool.
Then connect the 12v cable that's go to the nav tool to display image to the positive on your left back up light
Old 10-15-2013, 09:19 AM
zpieces

Originally Posted by Corey Kunak
Your car is not prwired for backup camera
So you will not have the stock wireing harness for the camera control mod

If you buy a nav tool you have to run 2 wires from where the radio is to the trunk. One cable is for video and one is for the 12v to trig the image to display when in reverse.

If useing the oem camera you can tap the red wire to the positive and the back to the ground on your right reverse light that will power the camera.
Connect the white wire to the video cable that connect to the nav tool.
Then connect the 12v cable that's go to the nav tool to display image to the positive on your left back up light
Hi Corey,
I should elaborate on my question- I have a 2009 G37x with nav/back up camera. My camera has been having issues lately in the heat where the video feed gets static-y with interference. I wanted to check out the wiring housing ot see if there was something pressing on the wires or if they were exposed to moisture in hot/humid days. That's why I want to access the wiring harness in my trunk
Old 10-16-2013, 08:06 AM
Corey Kunak

Hi Corey,
I should elaborate on my question- I have a 2009 G37x with nav/back up camera. My camera has been having issues lately in the heat where the video feed gets static-y with interference. I wanted to check out the wiring housing ot see if there was something pressing on the wires or if they were exposed to moisture in hot/humid days. That's why I want to access the wiring harness in my trunk
empty your trunk. pull all the clips that hold the black insert out and pull the insert out. now on the right side of the trunk there is a little square box thats your camera control mod you. from there you should be able to trouble shoot any issues. attached is a photo of what your looking for. sounds like to me the one you have currently is failing. you can get a new one on ebay for 90-110 bux
Attached Thumbnails Back up camera!!!-mxu3pvd8uvo9jvewcytr5jq.jpg  
Old 10-16-2013, 01:45 PM
zpieces

Thanks for the reply Corey, I am definitely going to look into that. I thought it may be related to the control box. How do I remove the trunk liner/clips safely? I am afraid i will rip them out and not be able to re attach the liner. And if I do need to order a new one, is there any programming I need to do? Or can I just hook it up and go on my merry way?
Old 10-16-2013, 09:47 PM
Corey Kunak

Thanks for the reply Corey, I am definitely going to look into that. I thought it may be related to the control box. How do I remove the trunk liner/clips safely? I am afraid i will rip them out and not be able to re attach the liner. And if I do need to order a new one, is there any programming I need to do? Or can I just hook it up and go on my merry way?
Just use a small flat head and they will pop out. Be gentle with them tho they can break easy. There is no programming involved with swapping the unit just plug and play