Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Engine info on media screen...how do I do it?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2013, 01:45 PM
CoolBreeze
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
As Dog mentioned, it bugs me also that the G does not have full instrumentation, but I knew that going in. This is the first car I owned which does not have oil pressure and volt gauges.

The CTS coupe has an oil pressure gauge, and you can get oil temperature and real time tire pressure off of their monitoring system.

I would like to have the vehicle info – to see something possibly going wrong before it becomes a real problem. Plus, I want to see what the oil pressure is on those cold weather days startups, before I push the car.

Like Alkatraz, I really do not want to have extra gauges if I do not have to. If I have to, I would want something to fit in the dash area between the A pillar and the instrument cluster.

I have looked into PLX, Blitz R-Vit, Defi multi gauge, and the GReddy multi gauge. I believe the control unit for the GReddy can be in the engine bay area, which means only one cable has to be strung through the firewall. I believe also the GReddy only displays metric.

The HKS Camp II looked like a nice setup, but as BB said, no longer being produced.

To interface with the current Nav screen version, Navtool and Naviks are the only units out there (I think). Scoping out Navtool, it appears cutting and splicing wires is no longer required. I already had my Nav screen go kaput. If I had cut and spliced any wires, it would have voided the warranty on the unit, per the dealer.

If anybody has any info on their experience with any of the above mentioned monitoring systems, please chime in.

Old 07-27-2013, 11:42 PM
Lt8Che
'Cuz Racemod-erator

Received 316 Likes on 204 Posts
Zada tech looks promising, gonna look into this option more, thanks Sam!
Old 07-28-2013, 02:55 AM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 242 Likes on 192 Posts
Yeah and they build every kit to order too so you can pretty much customize it the way you like.
Old 07-28-2013, 10:19 AM
Alkatraz

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by G37Sam
Oh I was referring to the OP because he hinted he was not going for boost.

How do your gauges look on your screen AlKatraz?
I dont have them yet Sam. The new Kiwi OBD2 Bluetooth dongle is still on pre-order and PLX Devices are not answering any of my multiple forms of communication.....

If i end up going that way, then the gauges will be completely customisable because they will run through an Android app. To start, ill probably go with the GTR look but have also seen that someone has the Lexus LFA style which also looks cool.
Old 08-09-2013, 06:28 PM
chuckie311
Drop A Gear and Disappear

Received 194 Likes on 160 Posts
i use the torque app with my nexus 7 tablet..works great..

Name:  WP_20130617_001.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  37.9 KB