Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Alpine considered Top Quality?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2013, 02:44 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Originally Posted by Absinthe
Ok man, you've peaked my interest. Ever since I De-Bosed my car, I've been looking for a good replacement driver for the door mids. Looking for something smooth, pronounced without being harsh with a wide stage. Whats your take on DLS Audio drivers?
I have a set of ultimate iridiums. I auditioned some in a friend's G35 and they were fantastic. I've had a set for quite a while and haven't ever gotten around to installing it.
Old 07-21-2013, 03:08 PM
Dirty ol Dog

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
My advice on the speakers would be to go to your favourite audio store big or small, whoever you trust most. go into the listening booth have them hook up a comparable head unit and amp, then go though the speakers and subs you like to see what sounds best to YOU. Sounds best with YOUR music. Any place that can't do that, you don't want to buy from them anyway,
Dude I'm 50, and I've probably been to hundreds of very very loud open air concerts, a few that left my ears ringing for a few days afterwards. Aside from that I busted my eardrum once due to explosive air pressure.(walked ahead of a Leopard tanks 105's muzzle as it fired. DO'h) so my idea of high fidelity is certainly not the same as yours....lol But, if you have a Grand to spend on the audio for your car the people at your local audio store will be more than happy to service you and call you sir while they do it.
As for Alpine I agree with BB ....in the day, they were the chizzle....or whatever...lol
with hundreds of choices to choose from these days it boils down to what sounds good to you and what is in your budget.

Anyone remember sparkomatic 6x9's in the late 70's?