Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Sirius XM satellite Radio

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2013, 09:43 AM
jaykellogg

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Sirius XM satellite Radio

I opted for an offer from Sirius XM. With tax it is a bit over $6 a month for 5 months. My real interest in music is Bluegrass and Sirius only has one channel. I am hearing a lot of reruns on the shows. Sometimes I can switch to Willie's Roadhouse. Sometimes I try one of the comedy channels. I am not a prude, but the humor is more than a little blue and IMO, not very funny.

My brother mentioned Sirius's business procedures are a bit aggressive. When he decided he didn't want it any more, he didn't pay the bill and the service was shut off. About three months later he was contacted by a collection agency that said he had to still pay for the Sirius service since he had not called to cancel the service. This in spite of the fact he wasn't getting the service.

What is your impression of Sirius XM? Right now, I am inclined to cancel mine at the end of 5 months.
Old 04-30-2013, 10:18 AM
LTrainG37

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I have had Sirius and/or XM radio for about 8 years or so now, and I still enjoy it. I listen to Howard in the mornings and Jason Ellis in the afternoons, and since I have a pretty broad taste in music I can usually find something good on the music channels. Also nice to have all the sports channels.

It sounds to me like Pandora might suit you better. If you have a bluetooth enabled phone and bluetooth capabilities in your car you can stream it. You can type in a particular artist and it will play that artists plus others like it, or you can just type in a genre. It's free, and there are occasional ads, but you can pay $3.99 a month for their premium service which I guess has fewer ads.
Old 04-30-2013, 02:47 PM
YellowJacket

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by LTrainG37
I have had Sirius and/or XM radio for about 8 years or so now, and I still enjoy it. I listen to Howard in the mornings and Jason Ellis in the afternoons, and since I have a pretty broad taste in music I can usually find something good on the music channels. Also nice to have all the sports channels.

It sounds to me like Pandora might suit you better. If you have a bluetooth enabled phone and bluetooth capabilities in your car you can stream it. You can type in a particular artist and it will play that artists plus others like it, or you can just type in a genre. It's free, and there are occasional ads, but you can pay $3.99 a month for their premium service which I guess has fewer ads.
Pandora is a great option. The premium service (PandoraOne) which you can do for 4.00/month or 39.00/year does not have any commercials or advertising.

David
Old 05-01-2013, 09:11 AM
blazeplacid

Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts
XM / Sirius is not what it used to be.

Sound quality is hit or miss and most stations just play the same songs.

That said. I am thinking about renewing my subscription.
It is true that they will do almost anything to get you to stay.
Old 05-01-2013, 10:10 AM
carz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sirius will automatically charge your credit card if you do not cancel your subscription.

I always get those 5 months for $25 deals....and make a reminder in my calendar to cancel the subscription a day before so I dont get hit with a renewal charge
Old 05-01-2013, 10:52 AM
DGGal
Minnesota G owners

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
i actually had my subscription cancelled and received a refund without me doing the cancelling. when i had called to get a signal sent to my radio, they had mentioned my radio id was under a different person's name lol. long story short they transferred the id back to my account and gave me a discount.
Old 05-01-2013, 12:53 PM
YellowJacket

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Apparently the previous owner of my G paid for a year of premium service in advance and did not cancel it. :-) :-)

I called to register it in my name and was told that I couldn't because it was already registered in someone else's name/account. I told them that I now own the car and to go ahead and cancel it and was told that it was prepaid and they could not do it unless the registered owner called and cancelled. LOL.

I guess I'll keep enjoying it.

David
Old 05-01-2013, 01:57 PM
DGGal
Minnesota G owners

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by YellowJacket
Apparently the previous owner of my G paid for a year of premium service in advance and did not cancel it. :-) :-)

I called to register it in my name and was told that I couldn't because it was already registered in someone else's name/account. I told them that I now own the car and to go ahead and cancel it and was told that it was prepaid and they could not do it unless the registered owner called and cancelled. LOL.

I guess I'll keep enjoying it.

David
wow you lucked out lol. well if your radio doesn't work one day you'll know why
Old 05-01-2013, 02:48 PM
BLamb
Registered Member

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by DGGal
i actually had my subscription cancelled and received a refund without me doing the cancelling. when i had called to get a signal sent to my radio, they had mentioned my radio id was under a different person's name lol. long story short they transferred the id back to my account and gave me a discount.
This same thing happened to me, bought the car brand new and I am the only owner, worked for 4 of the 6 months I paid for then got cut off and had a credit posted on my account. Funny enough when the credit was posted they gave it to me at the normal rate of ~$12 a month versus the $30 for 6 months I paid for. I even told them that on the phone and they told me not to worry about it and they'd give me another 6 months at promotional rates. Used the credit up on my account and then canceled because I just didn't listen to it enough.
Old 09-30-2020, 05:27 PM
LG37S

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
I have SiriusXM radio and love it, however in this car I can’t seem to figure out how to set my top 10 stations as favorites. I have a 2010 convertible, has anyone done a tutorial post on here that I am missing? Thanks in advance.
Old 09-30-2020, 05:38 PM
telcoman
Registered Member

Received 161 Likes on 139 Posts
Tune is station, press and hold button 1 for 2 or three seconds, repeat for all the other buttons
Old 09-30-2020, 05:42 PM
LG37S

Originally Posted by telcoman
Tune is station, press and hold button 1 for 2 or three seconds, repeat for all the other buttons
WOW really? I would have never figured that out! LOL I am gonna have to try that tonight! Thank you.
Old 10-02-2020, 04:16 PM
LG37S

Originally Posted by telcoman
Finally figured out how to do this and also realized I have 3 pages of XM radio to program 6 each stations total of 18 preset stations! I am loving it, thank you!
The following 2 users liked this post by LG37S:
Ellingtonic (10-02-2020), telcoman (10-03-2020)