Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

2009 G37 Premium No Nav iPhone 5

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2012, 06:17 PM
pdcinc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 G37 Premium No/Nav iPhone 5 No output at all

Correction, it does work. Operator error.
Works as before, but no video.

iPhone 5 lightning adapter received today.
It does not work. No audio, no controls, no video no nothing..
Phone shows Accessory Attached but no way to control anything.
Very annoying.
Anyone else have success?

Last edited by pdcinc; 10-14-2012 at 08:41 AM. Reason: Correction
Old 10-13-2012, 01:07 AM
PAULY_LONG

works like a champ in my 2010 w/nav ... that probably doesn't help too much though, as the systems changed a lot between '09 and '10
Old 10-13-2012, 08:44 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
People with 2010+ cars need not post comments as the interface is completely different and it has been verified multiple times that they work just fine. Any 08-09 models that have info, share it please.
Old 10-13-2012, 10:18 PM
djrobx

Lightning adapter works perfectly in my 08 with Nav. Like the iPhone 4S, 4, 3GS, or 3G you still need a Scosche passport or similar power converter to charge (but it's not required for music control and playback)
Old 10-21-2012, 10:23 AM
GraphiteIPL

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I have a 2009 G37S Coupe and I can't get the iPhone 5 to be recognized when connected through the Lightning to 30-Pin Adapter cable. The cars screen displays no iPod connected. I have tried to connect both with the Scosche adapter (will charge but no audio or controls) and without and still no go. Are we sure that this cable should work in our cars?

Best Regards,

Michael
Old 10-21-2012, 11:18 AM
djrobx

Originally Posted by MoonlightG37S
I have a 2009 G37S Coupe and I can't get the iPhone 5 to be recognized when connected through the Lightning to 30-Pin Adapter cable. The cars screen displays no iPod connected. I have tried to connect both with the Scosche adapter (will charge but no audio or controls) and without and still no go. Are we sure that this cable should work in our cars?

Best Regards,

Michael
Several people are reporting this problem. I now have two lightning adapters, one works perfectly with my 08 G37. The second does what you describe. The "bad" adapter is not completely defective, it works fine in every other dock I've tried. I suggest trying to exchange your lightning adapter and hope you get one that works.
Old 10-25-2012, 02:15 AM
User 111021
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
The adapters work perfect, if it doesnt work go get it exchanged, it seems some are defective.

Mine as of now works but doesnt charge with Scosche adapter, I will go exchange tommorow.

Heres a Thread I started:

https://www.myg37.com/forums/audio-v...phone-5-a.html

maybe combine

Originally Posted by djrobx
Lightning adapter works perfectly in my 08 with Nav. Like the iPhone 4S, 4, 3GS, or 3G you still need a Scosche passport or similar power converter to charge (but it's not required for music control and playback)
So with the scosche adapter your iPhone 5 charges and integrates with iPod integration right? Mine only charges with adapter or integrates with car ipod system without the scosche but only lightning adapter hooked up. Will go get replaced tommorow.

Also Can you guys post if you are using the short direct lightning adapter for $29, or the one with a little cable for $39.

One person told me the short one works, but it may have just be that the long wire one he had was defective.

I currently have the wire one.
Old 10-27-2012, 02:08 AM
djrobx

Originally Posted by Raheel
So with the scosche adapter your iPhone 5 charges and integrates with iPod integration right? Mine only charges with adapter or integrates with car ipod system without the scosche but only lightning adapter hooked up. Will go get replaced tommorow.

Also Can you guys post if you are using the short direct lightning adapter for $29, or the one with a little cable for $39.

One person told me the short one works, but it may have just be that the long wire one he had was defective.

I currently have the wire one.
Yes, my iPhone 5 with short direct lightning adapter charges and integrates with my Ridax converter (should be equivalent to Sosche) in my 08 with nav.

My short direct adapter works, my cable does not. I still need to get my cable exchanged. Others have posted that they have it working with cables. One other guy posted a similar experience to mine (bad cable, but good with direct).
Old 10-27-2012, 05:22 AM
User 111021
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Had my $39 adapter with cable exchanged, it still does same thing, only charges with Scosche attached or ipod without it.

Also there is a long delay for car to recognize the iPhone 5 iPod, I noticed if you go into music/iPod on phone and plug in, it will say accessory connected and recognize it faster.

Either way I think maybe the delay is due to the cable being long or whatever the issue is, I think issue will be resolved with direct adapter that is $29 without a cable but direct 30-Pin to Lightning, but they were out at the store, I will order online or wait for store to get new stock and post with updates, I hope it works well and doesnt connect and disconnect when phone is being used for other things.
Old 10-31-2012, 01:19 PM
Fofer

Interesting info in here, thanks.

I have a 2009 G37 Convertible with Nav and rear camera.

With my iPhone 4, I was able to use the Infiniti-supplied iPod cable, plus the Scosche adapter to charge, and listen to music from the device at the same time. I could also control the device (play/pause/next ) from my steering wheel, and the music's metadata would display on my Nav screen. It all worked pretty well, all things considered. I did not like how the iPhone's Music app screen would blank out with the "Accessory Connected" screen, but I was able to work around that with a jailbreak tweak, so it wasn't a huge deal.

With my iPhone 5, I have the same Infiniti-supplied iPod cable, plus the same Scosche adapter, as well as the Apple Lightning to 30-pin Adapter (0.2 m)... and it only charges the device. The stereo says "iPod disconnected." If I remove the Scosche adapter from the equation, it sees the iPhone and I can listen to (and control) music... but the device doesn't charge. ARGGGH!

So I guess now I will try a different Lightning to 30-pin Adapter (0.2 m) or perhaps the stubby adapter instead?

Fingers crossed that's the solution...
Old 11-07-2012, 02:09 PM
Fofer

Yes! I can confirm the same! I tried two different 0.2m 30-Pin-to-Lightning adapters. With the Scosche adapter I could charge but not play music. And without the Scosche adapter I could play music but not charge.

I just tried the short Lightning adapter, and along with the Scosche adapter in the chain, I can now charge and play music at the same time.

Hallelujah! Thanks, all!
Old 11-15-2012, 09:18 PM
tsunamicooler

Hi guys,

Thanks for much for everyone's input! I have just gotten my new iPhone5 and daisy chained it with a Scosche passPORT and short lightining connector adapter, but still not getting any charge going... The integration works great, but does anyone actually know the reason why the same identical setup charges and some others don't?
Old 02-14-2013, 09:33 PM
DrBones

Wanted to add that I also tried two .2m adapters that did not work on my 08 g35x. Only the little guy worked. My sosche also only gave me charge with all adapters, had to replace with a dockstubz+. But, the schosche was super old.