Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Help iPhone 5 problems

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2012, 07:56 PM
fruitflan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
iPhone 5 problems

Just picked up an iPhone 5 to replace a Galaxy which had zero issues in the past 9 months I've had it.

On my 2010 G37x w/ Nav , I'm able to pair it with no problems however whenever i receive a phone call it disconnects immediately.

This is the first time I've tried to pair an Apple device, does anybody else know of a fix?
Old 09-21-2012, 08:37 PM
Rad_Slinger

Received 81 Likes on 59 Posts
no issues with my iphone 5.
Old 09-21-2012, 09:22 PM
jedmonds
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by fruitflan
Just picked up an iPhone 5 to replace a Galaxy which had zero issues in the past 9 months I've had it.

On my 2010 G37x w/ Nav , I'm able to pair it with no problems however whenever i receive a phone call it disconnects immediately.

This is the first time I've tried to pair an Apple device, does anybody else know of a fix?
Go into your bluetooth settings and remove the old phone. This seems to work for alot of people.
Old 09-21-2012, 10:29 PM
Skyline6mt
Registered Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
^+1 phone itself pairs fine.
Old 09-22-2012, 10:55 AM
BarryD

Me Too

Having exactly the same problem with my 2011 G37 with navi, but with a twist. Wonder if you noticed this. The call isn't actually disconnected. If you can safely look at the audio source screen on the phone and choose phone or speaker the call is there. If you choose "MY CAR" the call is also there but it comes through the car system with terrible noise. Also, outgoing calls work fine. The old phone was removed before pairing the new 5
Old 09-22-2012, 01:19 PM
BarryD

Update to my previous post. Tried the following:
On the phone went to settings, reset, and reset all settings. This does not effect apps music etc.
In the car, deleted the phone from car and then re-paired. Had my wife call me on the iphone and it worked fine. Keeping my fingers crossed and hope this helps anyone else having this problem.
Old 09-24-2012, 07:33 AM
BarryD

Well, "I spoke too soon." Was out yesterday and the problem returned. Others on Apple's support site are also reporting problems with bluetooth and the new iPhone. Apple of course blames it on the car system. Will keep looking for an answer. Will update if anything new develops. Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Old 10-10-2012, 08:59 PM
jgrahamiii

Having similar issue with 2013 G37 Prem/nav. Outgoing calls fine. Using Siri through system fine. If I get an incoming call my phone ringtone plays through car and phone speakers at same time (2009 G had own ring tone). When I a hit select to answer, it stops ringing, but neither side can hear other. Not through BT or handset. If I select Handset from the G's onscreen menu call can be heard through handset. I can then transfer call back to BT by hitting phone button an steering wheel and it works fine. I don't think I had problem with 2009 and iPhone 5, but only had both a few days. Definitely no problem with 2009 and 4. This is the only phone ever paired with this car.
Old 10-11-2012, 11:14 AM
jgrahamiii

Angry

Did some informal testing with other phones/other car --

iPhone 4 - iOS5 - G37x - works fine
iPhone 4 - iOS6 - G37x - works fine
iPhone 5 - iOS6 - G37x - No audio either way on incoming calls only
iPhone 5 - iOS6 - 2013 Acura TL - works fine

I unpaired the iPhone 5 on both ends from the G37x and repaired. No Change.

If you get an incoming call, you can clearly use steering wheel controls to transfer the call to the handset and then get it back immediately by hitting the Phone Button seems to work every time. However, this does not "cure" the problem for the next phone call as some have reported (though they used the iPhone itself to make the transfers. I have no tried that - I have also not tried answering the call using the iPhone screen).

Seems that the problem is some incompatibility between the iPhone 5 hardware and the G37x Bluetooth module. Does anyone know what head unit we have (203 Premium/Nav)? Seems like a lot of the similar problems noted on the Apple Forums are on Infiniti/Nissans, but not all of them. This is not acceptable, but it's going to be a pain in the butt to have fixed. Both sides are going to blame the other. Any suggestion other than the dealer for getting this addressed by Infiniti?
Old 10-11-2012, 12:18 PM
jgrahamiii

Just spoke to Apple tech support. The person there acknowledged that he has received calls with the same problem from owners of other brands of care (including Acura). Something with the new BT chipset in the 5. He said he believes that this is being looked into by Apple engineers and they hope to address in the next update. Hopefully to TOO long.
Old 10-11-2012, 02:11 PM
BluestickG

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts
I have the same problem! Although I used to have a 4S and it worked just fine. I lost it and bought a 4. Now it doesnt work. It drops the call from bluetooth right when I answer the call. Please keep me updated it anyone finds a fix
Old 10-15-2012, 02:23 PM
samps

I also have the same issue. Before pairing the new phone I unpaired the 4s I used to have.

What works as a temp solution is to delete phone and pairing and then re-pair. This works until it randomly stops working again. This is what I've been doing until a real solution is developed.
Old 10-15-2012, 08:05 PM
BosMaSwaG37

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My **** won't pair
Old 10-25-2012, 08:46 PM
Chicago Beers

I've had the same problem since the switch to the iPhone 5. It's on a 2012 G37xS navi. Not sure if that helps or not.

Have not had any luck in un-pairing/ re-pairing either.
Old 11-03-2012, 05:22 PM
bresbones

Having exact same problem with iphone 5..disconnects after receiving call..tried to reset bluetooth several times and works for first time but problem comes back! '10 G37 Sedan w/ navi

Quick Reply: Help iPhone 5 problems