Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Help iPhone 5 problems

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2013, 08:14 PM
clayjk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've seen posts on the apple forum from several Infiniti/Nissan owners reporting they had the update done and its fixed the incoming call problem. Unfortunate I am about 2 hours from my dealer so it's going to be a while before I find time to make it there to confirm this first hand though.

For anyone that has had the update done, can they confirm if this possibly also fixed the problem with the song meta data (track name/disc name/artist) sometimes not appearing when streaming via Bluetooth? I've noticed this problem occurs for me if I don't have the nav set to Bluetooth when I start the car, e.g., if I am listening to XM then switch to Bluetooth it will steam but not display the meta data.
Old 01-27-2013, 02:29 PM
jgrahamiii

Hi Folks. I can confirm that my dealer had the update last week, and it's about a 10-15 minute process, but, I'm told it only affects cars with NAVs. Everyone else will need to wait for iOS 6.1 which is hopefully due out any day. I can confirm that the problem with receiving calls was also fixed in the last two 6.1 Beta releases. So probably no reason to drive 2 hours to your dealer until this come out.

However, I can also confirm that neither the 6.1 Beta nor the Infiniti update will fix the meta-data problem with BT Audio. Also affects using the up/down button to move from song to song or back to start of song in your playlist. Only fully reliable ways to cure this issue is to turn off the car while on the BTAudio screen or to go to the BT Audio screen before the phone pairs, or to go to the BTAudio screen, and then on the phone turn off and then on BT.

I've started to notice, however, that when the phone is paired for BT Audio, it never locks, even if Autolock is set (and mine is enforced by ActiveSync from my Exchange account). As long as the car is running, if the phone was unlocked before I got in, it won't relock. It also seems that if the phone is unlocked before I get in the car, it always works fine with the Metadata and BT Audio no matter what. However, that's over a test of 3 drives, so not sure yet.

Anyone have the metadata problem never lock your phones? How about those who do lock your phones with a alphanumeric code - do you have the metadata issue?

thanks. -John
Old 01-27-2013, 05:22 PM
clayjk

Originally Posted by jgrahamiii
I've started to notice, however, that when the phone is paired for BT Audio, it never locks, even if Autolock is set (and mine is enforced by ActiveSync from my Exchange account). As long as the car is running, if the phone was unlocked before I got in, it won't relock. It also seems that if the phone is unlocked before I get in the car, it always works fine with the Metadata and BT Audio no matter what. However, that's over a test of 3 drives, so not sure yet.
Interesting. I'm going to have to try unlocking my phone before pairing to see if that helps. When needed, I've been turning off/turning back on the car just to get the meta data to appear but I hate having to do that.

Has anyone heard if this meta data problem is due to the iPhone5, Infinity Nav, and/or iOS 6?

Thanks for the confirmation on the update for both the nav and upcoming iOS6.1
software.
Old 02-04-2013, 04:04 AM
venzz

I m having the same issue. My bluetooth audio works but sometimes it saids "playback cannot be completed with this device"
Old 02-12-2013, 06:26 PM
jlpicardq

Originally Posted by clayjk
I've seen posts on the apple forum from several Infiniti/Nissan owners reporting they had the update done and its fixed the incoming call problem. Unfortunate I am about 2 hours from my dealer so it's going to be a while before I find time to make it there to confirm this first hand though.

For anyone that has had the update done, can they confirm if this possibly also fixed the problem with the song meta data (track name/disc name/artist) sometimes not appearing when streaming via Bluetooth? I've noticed this problem occurs for me if I don't have the nav set to Bluetooth when I start the car, e.g., if I am listening to XM then switch to Bluetooth it will steam but not display the meta data.
clayjk:

I can confirm this. I had my G37X with Nav updated two weekends ago and about 25% of the time the BT audio will play but not show the (in my case) audiobook title and track names.

However it did solve the problem of the phone call switching back to the handset when I answer.

Question: Has anyone else had a problem with the iPhone BT audio "skipping"... it's still playing but you get a quick blip of sound every 1 second or so? I have an iPhone 5, which I think might still need to have iOS 6.1 downloaded on it, so I don't know if that will resolve the problem. or not, but just asking.

BTW: New G37X owner here (3 weeks). Having the time of my life with this car!
Old 03-06-2013, 08:03 PM
toyzforme

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well just to let you guys know it is not just a Apple issue. I just got my Galaxy Note 2 android phone and it does everything that everyone is complaining about. I am going to go to the dealer and see if the update will help my issue. You would think that Bluetooth would be backward compatible and work like it is suppposed to. I mean I only want the hands free phone and don't care about the BT audio. Just to let you know I have a 09 Sport coupe with the Nav system. If this problem is related to just the cars that have Nav then that is BS.
Old 03-15-2013, 09:29 PM
mr_nlu
Registered Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I have no issues with my iphone 5 but do as others have mentioned and remove your old phone.
Old 03-15-2013, 11:34 PM
black fx-45

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have 08 coupe W/Nav i have no issues i have used Iphone 3,4 and 5 W/ this car. My only problem can't transfer phone list to car.

Last edited by black fx-45; 03-16-2013 at 12:39 PM.