Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Bluetooth Streaming audio for non bluetooth G's

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2012, 03:31 PM
CAL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bluetooth Streaming audio for non bluetooth G's

I have an '09 G37 Sedan w/o the bluetooth streaming capability, so i use the adapter cord for my iphone which plugs into the infiniti output in my center console. I just found this product on Kickstarter and ordered two of them.

I just wanted to give everyone a heads up on it b/c im excited to solve this problem.

auris: Bluetooth® for your Dock by Touchkraft LLC — Kickstarter

Old 09-17-2012, 07:37 PM
blazeplacid

Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts
looks good but will steering wheel controls work?
Can you use the next/previous track button?

Im thinking it will only stream and you will have to control your device in your hand
Old 09-17-2012, 10:30 PM
Ricky

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
thanks for the link. look slike a much easier bluetooth fix.
Old 09-19-2012, 07:09 PM
zinfiniti

This is brilliant!!! Thanks for sharing!
Old 09-20-2012, 11:44 PM
jedmonds
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
They sell similar versions to these on ebay. Although they are not Bluetooth 4.0 compliant, they accomplish the same thing. The issue I found, is that these devices require the same type of power received by the iPhone 4, 4s when connected to the iPod connector. Since the 2008, 2009 G37's do not supply power to iPhone 4, 4s it will most likely not power on the bluetooth device. Just something to think about prior to spending your hard earn money.
Old 09-21-2012, 02:01 AM
Ricky

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
but if you already have the scosche adapter then you would be ok.
Old 09-21-2012, 03:39 AM
BuckNorris

Originally Posted by jedmonds
They sell similar versions to these on ebay. Although they are not Bluetooth 4.0 compliant, they accomplish the same thing.
so will an earlier version (2.0/3.0) work with an iPhone 4s(4.0)? i have a 2011 G so the power source isn't an issue.
Old 09-21-2012, 03:42 AM
Dami55an

I just found this product on Kickstarter and ordered two of them.
Old 09-21-2012, 12:07 PM
jedmonds
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Ricky
but if you already have the scosche adapter then you would be ok.
Already tried that, and it didn't work.
Old 09-29-2012, 04:03 AM
tony_m_777
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've tested several other devices a while back but with no luck.

This one looks interesting and somewhat promising so let us know if it works.

Originally Posted by CAL
I have an '09 G37 Sedan w/o the bluetooth streaming capability, so i use the adapter cord for my iphone which plugs into the infiniti output in my center console. I just found this product on Kickstarter and ordered two of them.

I just wanted to give everyone a heads up on it b/c im excited to solve this problem.

Old 10-02-2012, 06:24 PM
tony_m_777
Registered Member

So I spoke to auris last night and after a lengthy conversation via email, I was advised that the auris is NOT compatible with the Infiniti's 2010 and up models that have the USB jacks.

So back to the drawing board...

Originally Posted by tony_m_777
I've tested several other devices a while back but with no luck.

This one looks interesting and somewhat promising so let us know if it works.
Old 10-03-2012, 01:15 PM
blazeplacid

Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by tony_m_777
So I spoke to auris last night and after a lengthy conversation via email, I was advised that the auris is NOT compatible with the Infiniti's 2010 and up models that have the USB jacks.

So back to the drawing board...
I wonder why they show a pic of a steering wheel,USB port, and their device on the kickstarter page if its not made to work with a cars USB port.
Old 10-04-2012, 02:44 AM
tony_m_777
Registered Member

Yes I know what you mean, very misleading.

Originally Posted by blazeplacid
I wonder why they show a pic of a steering wheel,USB port, and their device on the kickstarter page if its not made to work with a cars USB port.
Old 10-14-2012, 10:06 PM
corey600rr

im running the backeberry bluetooth stereo gateway, wired in using aux plug, powerd with the car charger. takes up most all of your space but i dont use the console for anything else.

once connected, works just as if it was factory, music plays, phone calls. occasionally ill get in and it wont auto connect(iphone 5), just go to settings on iphone and hit the gateway under bluetooth and your done.
Old 12-20-2012, 12:21 AM
JayDeePee
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I have a 2009 G37 Sedan with the Bose Premium sound system. I didn't get the Navigation package because it was $4000 more at the time. I really didn't care for it since I had an Android smartphone with Google Navigation. What I did want was the ability to have Bluetooth streaming for Music. I found Auris from this thread and ordered two Piano black units. I received both units today and I can confirm that they work as along as you have AUX inputs. I tried plugging into the ipod dock cable and the car says, iPod not connected. The Auris unit has been revamped with a rechargeable built in battery and 3.5 headphone jack. The 2009 G37 came with aux inputs as an option. I have a 3.5 headphone jack to composite jacks plugged in. Normally I would use my phone's headphone jack to listen to pandora, but now I can listen to music wirelessly. I can even make a phone call from the phone. The Auris unit has a small microphone to be able to speak through the Aux input. My phone can only connect to one bluetooth device at a time so the cars Bluetooth is non functional when connected through Auris, but the microphone on the Auris allows it to be used as a car speaker phone. The Auris unit must be near me so that the microphone can pick up sound. A 30 pin ipod dock connector is needed to recharge the battery. I used my cigarette light charger for the iphone to keep it charged. The 3.5 headphone jack will not fit while the dock connector is plugged in. Those of you who don't have Bluetooth at all in their car can use this a hands free speakerphone and stream music as well. The only problem is that you must of the aux ports available to tap into your car's stereo. I'll take some pictures and post them up later.

Quick Reply: Bluetooth Streaming audio for non bluetooth G's