Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Bluetooth

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2012, 08:12 AM
HB4LTHR
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bluetooth

I have a 2008 G37S without Nav. My bluetooth has always worked fine except a few days ago, it began doing peculiar things which I'll explain. When I get in the car with my Verizon blackberry and start the motor, the monitor in the car starts indicating that a call is in progress which is not the case. I will glance down at the phone and there is no call taking place, yet the car monitor still shows a call being made. I try to hang the phone using the button on the steering wheel to no avail. I have to hit the other button on the steering wheel as if I'm trying to make a call and hang up with the other button on the steering wheel. I have to do this a number of times before the monitor returns to normal. I can accept incoming calls, but I also noticed that I cannot make outgoing calls using the voice feature. When I initiate the voice feature it asks to state the first 3 numbers, followed by the next 3 numbers, and lastly the last 4 numbers. When I say "dial" it doesn't dial but merely appears to hang up. I even deleted the phone from the system and re-paired it hoping that would correct it but it didn't.

Has anyone ever experienced this? I will be taking it to the dealer but because its out of warranty I fear what the charges may be.

Thanks
Old 08-01-2012, 11:02 AM
chlutz214
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
have you tried deleting the bluetooth pair and repairing it?
Old 08-02-2012, 06:52 AM
HB4LTHR
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by chlutz214
have you tried deleting the bluetooth pair and repairing it?
Yes I did as I stated above. I do have an update though which proved to be an easy fix. I checked with one of the IT guys at work and he told me to remove the battery from the BB and reinsert. I didn't think it would have any affect but was surprised to find out that it actually worked