Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

iPod works but iPhone doesn't??

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2012, 09:00 PM
SzaboTX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
iPod works but iPhone doesn't??

So I purchased an 08 g37s auto with Nav(paddle shifters, fully loaded from what I can tell) a week or so ago. It did not come with the iPod cable so I purchased one from the local Infiniti dealership, her in Dallas. I plug it in to the car and my iPhone 4s and it will play for a moment(quietly as it does when I use the composite cables) and shows on the nav screen. Then it cuts out and starts playing out of my iPhone speaker, not the car, but still shows on my nav screen, and I can still control it. If I plug and unplug it a few times it will start playing on the car speakers again, but will then say it is is disconnected on the nav screen and cut out.

The guy at the dealership told me I need an adapter to charge the phone but that it is not needed to play music. I knew this already and already have the Scosche adapter which I tried using and the phone proceeds to screw up, and now the screen flickers, but it does charge.

I plug in my old iPod and it seems to work fine.

I have yet to try a different iPhone, but wanted to see if anyone had run into this particular problem? I know there has been many discussions on this wire, but everyone seems to agree that the wire works perfectly fine with iPhones.

Sorry if I missed any previous threads on this but I couldn't find anything with this particular problem.

Please help, I need my music!!
Thanks!!
Old 07-17-2012, 10:14 AM
CRV_33
Registered Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Have you tried docking/connecting your iphone to another device for audio playback?
Old 07-17-2012, 12:08 PM
bitNine

Try a different cable. I had issues with a specific cable in my car. I purchased a few knock offs from ebay, and one of them was fine for charging, but just didn't work well for data... Did the same crap on my computer. In the car it would cause the audio to crackle a bit. Tried an official Apple made cable and it works great.
Old 07-17-2012, 12:31 PM
SzaboTX

My iPhone is now randomly pausing when I am listening to music on my headphones. I am taking it to the Apple store tomorrow and hopefully they can fix the phone which inturn, will allow it to play on the car's iPod cable. If that doesnt work, I will try my girlfriends iphone on it.

@bitNine...I am using the Nissan cable that I bought at the Infiniti dealership, is there one taht apple makes besides the component cable?
Old 07-19-2012, 01:10 PM
SzaboTX

somehow I got water on the charging port on my phone, which causes a short that makes the phone think it is docked (ocassionally), which intern, screws with the cars Iphone cable connection. guesss I need a new phone or get mine repaird...damnit!!!

disregard my thread...carry on...lol
Old 08-09-2012, 02:41 PM
quakerroatmeal
Registered Member

Received 97 Likes on 79 Posts
I've read people having issues with a faulty cable as well. Return it for a new one