Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

is galaxy integrationable on g37?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2012, 01:57 PM
iyunhyuki

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
is galaxy integrationable on g37?

I have my iphone integrated with my 08 g37 coupe
so my iphone screen comes out on my car screen.

I want to get a new galaxy s3 but Im just worried
if its possiable to have the galaxy screen on my car screen
or not.

I really want s3 but I just can't give up having my smart phone
screen on my car screen.

would it work with s3?
Old 07-16-2012, 02:38 PM
GET_SOME

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
simple answer is no it wont show up on your screen like yhe iphone will
Old 07-16-2012, 07:44 PM
Elco
Registered Member

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts
You can access the phonebook and call log by bluetooth.
You can also use blutetooth music streaming from the galaxy phone.

You wont have to connect the phone by cable to the car like the iphone.
However, you can use the USB port for charging and access the phone as mass storage device. This way you can play HD videos on the car screen.

I never used an iphone on my infiniti but i use my galaxy every day on the car, connected by bluetooth.
Old 07-16-2012, 10:24 PM
jesse550

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Elco
You can access the phonebook and call log by bluetooth.
You can also use blutetooth music streaming from the galaxy phone.

You wont have to connect the phone by cable to the car like the iphone.
However, you can use the USB port for charging and access the phone as mass storage device. This way you can play HD videos on the car screen.

I never used an iphone on my infiniti but i use my galaxy every day on the car, connected by bluetooth.
We don't have a usb port on the 08 and I thought bluetooth music streaming was on the '10+ as well?
Old 07-17-2012, 04:22 PM
Himalaya
Registered Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
music streaming via bluetooth is 2010+...

pisses me off i have an 09
Old 07-17-2012, 07:20 PM
Josh

a couple of bluetooth options..

Amazon.com: Belkin F8Z492TTP Bluetooth Music Receiver: MP3 Players & Accessories Amazon.com: Belkin F8Z492TTP Bluetooth Music Receiver: MP3 Players & Accessories

Amazon.com: Britelink Bluetooth Audio Receiver: Portable, Bluetooth Music Receiver with Stereo Output (3.5 mm) for Home and Auto Stereo Systems: Electronics Amazon.com: Britelink Bluetooth Audio Receiver: Portable, Bluetooth Music Receiver with Stereo Output (3.5 mm) for Home and Auto Stereo Systems: Electronics

i have both... the belkin is good for your car because it doesnt have a battery and will turn off/on with your car.. however it doesnt come with a usb power cable (ac power) the britelink DOES come with a usb power cable but you have to manually turn it on/off.

i eventually scrapped the belkin and got a proclip for my iphone and now i just dock it in my G.
Old 07-19-2012, 04:53 PM
Neflhiem

sorry to side bar.. but im assuming your using display out on your iphone to do that.. as I am (if not then what).. what settings do you use because i cant get my display to not look like crap. seems like no matter how i resize it it still looks so grainy.. I would love it to look crisp.
Old 07-19-2012, 08:18 PM
Josh

did some digging and it looks possible... but i didnt dig too deep... might want to dig a little deeper youself.

HDMI out of MHL adapter to Composite RCA video. Will this work? - xda-developers

HDMI to RCA? MHL to RCA? - Android Forums
Old 07-20-2012, 03:53 AM
malcomha

You can access the phonebook and call log by bluetooth
Old 07-21-2012, 03:29 PM
Mr. Nibiru

I can't even get my S3 to link to my car. I am guessing the S3 will be the same. Or maybe the 08' just needs an update.
Old 01-24-2013, 05:28 PM
Sython

Anyone ever get to the bottom of this?

bumpity
Old 01-24-2013, 06:06 PM
nukee26

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Simple answer is no. On a 2008 G37 you'll be able to connect via bluetooth for phone calls and RCA inputs for audio. You won't get anywhere near the iPhone level of connection.
Old 01-24-2013, 06:30 PM
hechen507
Registered Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Actually I manage to get this to work with my GS3. I have a 09 sedan (with the RCA inputs).
Currently my phone is secured on a universal phone dock (nothing special) and plugged into a charger. While the phone is charging or not I am able to stream video and audio wirelessly to the G display and audio system (mirror my phone display). The video is streamed thru WIFI and the audio is streamed thru bluetooth 4.0 APX (very good quality). At the same time the in car blue-tooth is still fully functional. I have also installed a OBDII to bluetooth as well so I am now able to put gauges/graph/real-time data on the display.
Its a pretty sick system and took a while to work out all the bugs, eventually I am looking to do a touchscreen overlay on the screen so I can control the GS3 from the car display instead of the phone. ATM android USB hosting isn't very popular yet so this is a bit of a new territory and hopefully more support comes out in the near future for this to happen.
I might make a DIY or a video on it but i'm waiting for a good time to do a video bypass, right now its too cold in Michigan lol. (the bypass will not be apart of the video or DIY)

EDIT: At least from what I know, all the HDMI adapter out there for the GS3 will not allow you to charge your phone while streaming the video. This is a programming problem and might have been fixed since I went the alternative route.

Last edited by hechen507; 01-24-2013 at 06:36 PM.
Old 01-24-2013, 07:39 PM
xorbitman
Registered Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
If you don't have Navi then you are limited to a very simple USB key for your music. 999 song maximum and 1 directory and 1 subdirectory per song. That's it. I would recommend a small Ipod nano...you will have more controls and music.
Old 01-24-2013, 09:34 PM
Varjo

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by hechen507
Actually I manage to get this to work with my GS3. I have a 09 sedan (with the RCA inputs).
Currently my phone is secured on a universal phone dock (nothing special) and plugged into a charger. While the phone is charging or not I am able to stream video and audio wirelessly to the G display and audio system (mirror my phone display). The video is streamed thru WIFI and the audio is streamed thru bluetooth 4.0 APX (very good quality). At the same time the in car blue-tooth is still fully functional. I have also installed a OBDII to bluetooth as well so I am now able to put gauges/graph/real-time data on the display.
Its a pretty sick system and took a while to work out all the bugs, eventually I am looking to do a touchscreen overlay on the screen so I can control the GS3 from the car display instead of the phone. ATM android USB hosting isn't very popular yet so this is a bit of a new territory and hopefully more support comes out in the near future for this to happen.
I might make a DIY or a video on it but i'm waiting for a good time to do a video bypass, right now its too cold in Michigan lol. (the bypass will not be apart of the video or DIY)

EDIT: At least from what I know, all the HDMI adapter out there for the GS3 will not allow you to charge your phone while streaming the video. This is a programming problem and might have been fixed since I went the alternative route.

Good god man, what hardware are you using? This sounds amazing...

Quick Reply: is galaxy integrationable on g37?