Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

is galaxy integrationable on g37?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2013, 06:43 PM
G37SBS
Registered Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Any update on this? I have SIII also and i want SIII screen to show up on my Navi Screen. I also have RCA input.

Thanks
Old 03-23-2013, 10:51 PM
hechen507
Registered Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
To get your display to show your SIII screen you either have to go with the MHL method or some wireless method. From my research before the MHL does not allow you to charge your phone while in the mode. Although the reason is firmware issues that might be solved now, idk maybe put some research into it and report back?
Here is a good write up on the MHL method: https://www.myg37.com/forums/3498992-post53.html

For my method I used the samsung all-share cast in order to transmit the screen.
Amazon.com: Samsung WI-FI All-Share Cast Hub, Wireless HDMI Display Adapter (Black): Cell Phones & Accessories Amazon.com: Samsung WI-FI All-Share Cast Hub, Wireless HDMI Display Adapter (Black): Cell Phones & Accessories

So it goes SIII -> all-share cst dongle (using wifi) -> a hdmi to rca -> your car rca

hdmi to rca:
Amazon.com: ViewHD Universal HDMI to Composite / AV Video Converter, Support PAL / NTSC Standard TVs: Electronics Amazon.com: ViewHD Universal HDMI to Composite / AV Video Converter, Support PAL / NTSC Standard TVs: Electronics

Now this so far will satisfy you if you don't car about the quality of bass. I got the all-share cast right when it launch and the device lacks bass... like no deep bass at all. Although this might have been fixed since then again idk.
To substitute for the sound I used a bluetooth receiver. I tried varies product and the results vary. Some would have noise, some will cut off randomly, some just sounds pure crap, some will conflict with your touchfree bluetooth, etc. I would recommend a bluetooth 4.0 device that uses apt-x compression for the best quality, but the results will vary from device to device and what rom you have in your phone and etc. The receiver that worked for me was auris (
Amazon.com: auris Bluetooth® Music Receiver for the Dock by Touchkraft LLC: MP3 Players & Accessories Amazon.com: auris Bluetooth® Music Receiver for the Dock by Touchkraft LLC: MP3 Players & Accessories
) I got it through kickstarter though I am sure this will be the same. The only down side is you need the old ipod cord in order to charge this thing.

Just to clarify, using my method is totally wireless. You require no wires to your phone for this to work, thus you have the option of charging your phone while transmitting the screen. Also the touch free phone should work parallel with this setup. I have also connected a OBDII to bluetooth device that will let me display gauges on the screen, but most of the time I just prefer a map or my music player. You could also use a mimic and install a touchscreen wirelessly to car screen but I find no need for it. I mount my phone on the left side of me on the windshield so it much more convenient to use my phone touch screen then to reach over to your car screen (
Amazon.com: Car Holder ECS-K200 for Samsung i9300 Galaxy S3: Cell Phones & Accessories Amazon.com: Car Holder ECS-K200 for Samsung i9300 Galaxy S3: Cell Phones & Accessories
)

Disclaimer: Your car will not let you display any inputs for the video if your ebrake is not on due to safety reasons. There is ways around it but as for my sake, your sake, the forum sake. We do not recommend you bypassing this safety feature.

Last edited by hechen507; 03-23-2013 at 10:58 PM.
Old 08-06-2013, 11:25 AM
whiddles
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
need to look into this as well