Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Help FIPO Bluetooth Adapter - Where can I get this?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2012, 04:11 PM
andars

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FIPO Bluetooth Adapter - Where can I get this?

I've tried 3 similar adapters, none of which worked with my 2009 G37 (NAV/PREM). I understand that the FIPO adapter is now discontinued and nearly impossible to find. I've searched all over the internet for this device.

Does anyone know where I can buy one of these (or has one and wants to sell it)?

Adapters Tried:

Amazon.com: Bluelink2 Bluetooth Music Receiver: MP3 Players & Accessories

Hot Bluetooth Music Audio Receiver Adapter For iPod iPhone 30-Pin Dock Speaker | eBay

Amazon.com: Black Rx Bluetooth Receiver Conversion Wires Comes In Package: Electronics

The first two will not power on without using the Scosche passPort
(Amazon.com: Scosche passPORT Charging Adapter for iPod & iPhone (Black): MP3 Players & Accessories) They still are not recognized by the car though

The last one I tried will accept power without the Scosche adapter, but does not work either.

I know I can use the 1st adapter listed to play from bluetooth->aux, but I'd rather avoid this situation.

Thanks for any help or suggestions!
Old 05-27-2012, 03:11 PM
andars

I found where to get one. It looks like these sellers ship internationally.

Amazon.de: Neu und gebraucht: Anycom CC3317 Bluetooth iPod Dock Connector Anschluss Weiß
Old 05-27-2012, 04:55 PM
Eskrimador
Registered Member

I have one and I stopped using it pretty quickly. I'm not much of an audiophile so I thought it would work for me but it sounded so bad that I gave it up.

Originally Posted by andars
I've tried 3 similar adapters, none of which worked with my 2009 G37 (NAV/PREM). I understand that the FIPO adapter is now discontinued and nearly impossible to find. I've searched all over the internet for this device.

Does anyone know where I can buy one of these (or has one and wants to sell it)?

Adapters Tried:

Amazon.com: Bluelink2 Bluetooth Music Receiver: MP3 Players & Accessories

Hot Bluetooth Music Audio Receiver Adapter For iPod iPhone 30-Pin Dock Speaker | eBay

Amazon.com: Black Rx Bluetooth Receiver Conversion Wires Comes In Package: Electronics

The first two will not power on without using the Scosche passPort
(Amazon.com: Scosche passPORT Charging Adapter for iPod & iPhone (Black): MP3 Players & Accessories) They still are not recognized by the car though

The last one I tried will accept power without the Scosche adapter, but does not work either.

I know I can use the 1st adapter listed to play from bluetooth->aux, but I'd rather avoid this situation.

Thanks for any help or suggestions!
Old 06-13-2012, 11:17 PM
applesauce

i would try the blackberry music gateway. its normally meant for a home stereo, bt can easily be set up in a car. i have it set up in my current lexus and im an audiophile and i think the sound is better with this than being plugged in.