Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

My Bose AudioPilot doesn't seem to do anything?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2012, 10:55 PM
_tjp_

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My Bose AudioPilot doesn't seem to do anything?

Can anyone confirm that they hear something coming from the speakers in the headrest? I don't hear a thing through mine. I confirmed that the "Bose AudioPilot" is enabled in the audio menu. I have tried it with the top up, top down. I have listened at varying speeds and noise levels. I tilt my head to the side to get me ear up next to the speaker and I can't hear anything coming out.

What's also interesting is I recall watching a video review of the G37 convertible where the reviewer mentioned the same thing, but he assumed he didn't have something set correctly. The Bose AudioPilot ON/OFF is the only option I can find.
Old 05-12-2012, 07:54 AM
bschurr
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Mine works. Don't expect tunes to be cranking out of the headrest speakers, they are designed to fill in the sound eminating from the other speakers.

Also, in addition the on/off button there is a a separate volume control (not the main volume from the HU).

If you don't hear anything, I would bring it back to the dealer - it is still covered under warranty.
Old 05-12-2012, 11:42 AM
_tjp_

Originally Posted by bschurr
Mine works. Don't expect tunes to be cranking out of the headrest speakers, they are designed to fill in the sound eminating from the other speakers.

Also, in addition the on/off button there is a a separate volume control (not the main volume from the HU).

If you don't hear anything, I would bring it back to the dealer - it is still covered under warranty.
Ahh - there's a separate volume control for them? Can you tell me where? I have searched through the various menus/options and can't seem to find it.
Old 05-12-2012, 08:58 PM
Mike888

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by _tjp_
Ahh - there's a separate volume control for them? Can you tell me where? I have searched through the various menus/options and can't seem to find it.
The volume control for the headrest speakers are right below the AudioPilot option in Audio Settings--I believe it's called "surround sound" or something like that.
Old 05-13-2012, 11:18 AM
_tjp_

Originally Posted by Mike888
The volume control for the headrest speakers are right below the AudioPilot option in Audio Settings--I believe it's called "surround sound" or something like that.
Thanks.
I was looking for something referring to Bose AudioPilot. Strange that they call the volume control "suround sound". I had assumed the surround sound option was just some hokey sound effect and had it turned way down.
Old 05-13-2012, 10:49 PM
Mike888

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by _tjp_
Thanks.
I was looking for something referring to Bose AudioPilot. Strange that they call the volume control "suround sound". I had assumed the surround sound option was just some hokey sound effect and had it turned way down.
Yeah I was wondering the same thing when I first saw it. But being the kind of person I am, I adjusted it to see what would happen and was surprised it was the volume control for the headrest speakers. Hope this solved you problem.
Old 05-14-2012, 07:47 AM
bschurr
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
^^ Thanks for jumping in on the assist Mike. I was a little tied up with Mother's Day activities this weekend and never got back to TJP's inquiry. The surround volume is the one that controls the headrest speaker volume.

The Bose system is adequate but doesnt really impress me - it could be sooooo much better!
Old 05-22-2012, 12:02 AM
_tjp_

Originally Posted by bschurr
^^ Thanks for jumping in on the assist Mike. I was a little tied up with Mother's Day activities this weekend and never got back to TJP's inquiry. The surround volume is the one that controls the headrest speaker volume.

The Bose system is adequate but doesnt really impress me - it could be sooooo much better!
I have to agree. I was a bit disappointed with the sound quality. The mid range is muddy and the bass is over driven.
I've been a fan of Bose over the years, but I have to suspect that they didn't really make an effort with this system.