Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Cellphone

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2012, 09:01 AM
tejasg37x

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by DashKid
In my pocket. Doesn't come out till I get out of the car. No texting or anything.
Smart...I wish everyone would do this.

I live in the DFW area too and I hate driving here every day. Everywhere I look people are talking or texting on their phones in the horrible traffic we have. People already drive bad enough without being on the phone. On a daily basis I see accidents about to happen because someone is texting...and see accidents that were most likely caused by texting because they are all rear end accidents.
It's scary every time I'm on the road here...
Old 04-29-2012, 09:31 AM
jesse550

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by tejasg37x

I live in the DFW area too and I hate driving here every day. Everywhere I look people are talking or texting on their phones in the horrible traffic we have. People already drive bad enough without being on the phone. On a daily basis I see accidents about to happen because someone is texting...and see accidents that were most likely caused by texting because they are all rear end accidents.
The car should refuse to start unless your cell phone is detected in the trunk
Old 04-29-2012, 10:36 AM
jmueller

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hate to say it, but mine rests in front of the shifter. It is there when I need it. The interface for selecting a contact just takes too long compared with simply picking on the iPhone.
Old 04-29-2012, 11:29 AM
Rad_Slinger

Received 81 Likes on 59 Posts
I Duct tape it to the steering wheel so that I can text and watch **** while I drive.

Not really...I usually keep it in my pocket, if not its in the center console. Since the car has Bluetooth, it's not like its really important where it goes.
Old 04-29-2012, 11:29 AM
DashKid
Banned

Originally Posted by tejasg37x

Oh crap dude you live in burleson??? I use to live in crowley which is like 10 mins and I only saw one other G out there.

But yeah people talk and text on the phone in DFW. I wish texas made a law like cali where you can't talk on the while driving unless you have a blue tooth device.

Also, the other reason I don't text or surf the web when I drive is that I got hit by a person who was texting pretty hard during traffic.

To other people please don't text and drive if you do. It's not worth putting others in danger cause of their mistakes.
Old 04-29-2012, 11:39 AM
tejasg37x

Oh crap dude you live in burleson??? I use to live in crowley which is like 10 mins and I only saw one other G out there.

But yeah people talk and text on the phone in DFW. I wish texas made a law like cali where you can't talk on the while driving unless you have a blue tooth device.

Also, the other reason I don't text or surf the web when I drive is that I got hit by a person who was texting pretty hard during traffic.

To other people please don't text and drive if you do. It's not worth putting others in danger cause of their mistakes.

Yeah, I grew up in Burleson; moved away for 20 years and ended up back here.

I go to California quite often on business, and I have seen very, very few people talking on the phone while driving, and I have never seen anyone text while driving.

Our wonderful Governor Rick Perry thought is was a violation of our personal rights to make talking and texting while driving illegal. The guy is an idiot!
Old 04-29-2012, 11:47 AM
snowboarder

In my pocket. Doesn't come out till I get out of the car. No texting or anything.

Same here
Old 04-29-2012, 12:03 PM
D_Rek

Cup Holder FTW. lol
Old 04-29-2012, 02:31 PM
G-Loops
Registered Member

In between my legs or cup holder :P
Old 04-29-2012, 02:54 PM
Tazicon

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
Center console. Voice and steering wheel controls are great once you learn them. I have heard you can do voice text but at this point I save texting and emails till I get to my destination.
Old 04-29-2012, 03:24 PM
GotAir523

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
i close the lid over the cup holders and leave my iphone on that cover so it doesn't fall inbetween the seats.
Old 04-29-2012, 04:00 PM
JDUB916

Originally Posted by dmeng
ProClip...
Been using them for years on all my cars!!
Yo DMENG, what is that you have there? I've been looking for something like it, but there are about 5 I found so far that I like, but not sure which to choose. Yours looks pretty much like one that I would buy, what is it?
Old 04-29-2012, 05:20 PM
dmeng

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
It's made by ProClip!

Car & Vehicle Mounts - ProClip Car Mounts for Mobile Phones, GPS, and Handheld Devices
Old 04-29-2012, 08:58 PM
Tek-C
Registered Member

I keep mine in my pocket, unless, my battery is low and I need to charge it while driving, then it sits in my cup holder while hooked up.
Old 04-29-2012, 09:08 PM
dtran2714
Registered Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
In front of the shifter or cup holder.

Quick Reply: Cellphone