Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

ipod, bluetooth and exhaust issue..Help Please!

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2012, 11:27 PM
alikhan2004

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ipod, bluetooth and exhaust issue..Help Please!

Whats up people I have some issues with my g37 and was wondering if some people can shed some light on how to fix them. First issue I'm having is when I hook up my ipod to the aux cable it work perfectly fine but when I turn off the car and turn it back on it says ipod not connected but in fact it is connected. I found a thread here and it said to press disc until its connected again but that doesn't work for me, by the way I have the 4th generation ipod touch. Second issue I have is I paired my HTC EVO 4G phone to the cars bluetooth and it works perfectly fine but when I turn off the car and start it back up it wont pair and it says no phone detected or nothing happens when I press the paired phone on the screen or when I press the phone button. To make it work again I have to do unpair the phone from the car and and the phone and pair it again. Is any one else having this issue and how could I fix it. Last issue I'm having is a rattling noise from the exhaust when starting and turning off the car and its annoying because the car only has 26K miles on it and yes its stock exhaust because I bought the Infiniti elite extended warranty and when I got the car inspected Infiniti told me its a stock exhaust.
Old 03-22-2012, 11:57 PM
ZOSTER33
Premier Member

Received 228 Likes on 166 Posts
I have a 2010 G37S and I've only been having the Bluetooth issue. Mine does the exact same thing as yours. At times it even shows connected but not paired? I got a letter in the mail from Infiniti claiming they had some kind of Bluetooth fix?? The other issue I have is people telling me they can't hear me or I sound all staticky. Haven't gone to the dealer to have them do the software update. Let me know if you get your Bluetooth issue resolved. Good luck with your other problems.
Old 03-23-2012, 12:16 AM
alikhan2004

Originally Posted by ZOSTER33
I have a 2010 G37S and I've only been having the Bluetooth issue. Mine does the exact same thing as yours. At times it even shows connected but not paired? I got a letter in the mail from Infiniti claiming they had some kind of Bluetooth fix?? The other issue I have is people telling me they can't hear me or I sound all staticky. Haven't gone to the dealer to have them do the software update. Let me know if you get your Bluetooth issue resolved. Good luck with your other problems.
Cool sounds good I'll keep you updated. Is the update free and is it also for the old g37's?
Old 03-23-2012, 01:29 AM
cruzmisl

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Are you past the bumper to bumper warranty (is it an 08?).

The elite warranty doesn't cover the muffler.

I had my muffler replaced under warranty before the warranty expired, and I went through a few different ones....they all had a problem of collecting quite a bit of water which made it sound like crap.

Ended up having to buy an aftermarket exhaust to get past it.

Just saying there could be more annoying problems than a rattle on startup and shut off.
Old 03-23-2012, 01:36 AM
ZOSTER33
Premier Member

Received 228 Likes on 166 Posts
Originally Posted by alikhan2004
Cool sounds good I'll keep you updated. Is the update free and is it also for the old g37's?
The letter stated that it was a FREE update!
I haven't done it because I hate having to make an appointment and then go in and wait around. I should do it...I'll let you know if I do it soon.
Old 03-23-2012, 01:46 AM
alikhan2004

Originally Posted by cruzmisl
Are you past the bumper to bumper warranty (is it an 08?).

The elite warranty doesn't cover the muffler.

I had my muffler replaced under warranty before the warranty expired, and I went through a few different ones....they all had a problem of collecting quite a bit of water which made it sound like crap.

Ended up having to buy an aftermarket exhaust to get past it.

Just saying there could be more annoying problems than a rattle on startup and shut off.
Hey whats up bro...thanks for all the advice you gave me for how to drive a manual, but yea it's 2008 and the factory warranty ended when I bought the car so I bought the elite extended warranty. I don't want to do any performance upgrades cause it will void the warranty and I love how the stock exhaust sounds so I don't want to mess with the exhaust. When I take the car in for a oil change at Infiniti I will ask the tech to diagnosis the issue.
Old 03-23-2012, 01:48 AM
alikhan2004

Originally Posted by ZOSTER33
The letter stated that it was a FREE update!
I haven't done it because I hate having to make an appointment and then go in and wait around. I should do it...I'll let you know if I do it soon.
Sounds good I'll ask Infiniti about the update when I take it in for my oil change.