Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Possessed Remote Car Starter

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2012, 12:21 AM
Kirkster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Possessed Remote Car Starter

Around in October last year I had a Python Responder One installed in my 2011 G37xs coupe. For the first few months it worked well until one day I came out of the gym on a very cold day after starting the car only to discovered that it didn't start. Tried repeatedly to start the car with the remote and it would crank but the car would not start. So back it goes to the guy who installed it. He takes out the module and shows me there is corrosion on the board in a number of places. Asks me if I had a leak in the dash somewhere. At that stage I had only had the car for a few months and thought how could that happen? The module got replaced and I thought that was the end of it. Things were working well until Saturday nite. My wife and Iwere watching TV and she says "what was that?" What was what? It sounds like a car running in the garage. I go out to check and sure enough my car was running and I was nowhere near the remote. I was thinking maybe it was a fluke thing and just shut the car off and went about my business. About three hours later I was working in the den and I heard the car start up. It did it all by itself. Brought the car back to the installer and he pulled out the main unit from under the dash and there was corrosion on the board. Once again he though moisture could be the culprit. He asked my if I was having any other problems with the car electrically and I have not, the car has been perfect so far. At any rate he relocated the module and the main control unit away from where it was and told me to call him if I had any more issues. How bizzare is that? This guy has been fdoing remote starters for 15 years and has never seen anything like it. Anyone else had any issues with mosture under the dash?
Old 03-19-2012, 01:32 AM
cnagy65

Does the wire from the module go through a grommet in the firewall. If so maybe the grommet was not sealed properly and water is working its way in. Just a thought.
Old 03-19-2012, 10:14 AM
Kirkster

Thanks for the insight. When he went back to loook at it he did put a hole in the firewall in the area where the batery is. This time he went back and put sealant around the hole. This whole experience is making me think about not doing this again on my next car. I do like it though. When it works it works well with the intellegent key. For 2012 the installer
told me directed has a one wire install for the infiniti.

Originally Posted by cnagy65
Does the wire from the module go through a grommet in the firewall. If so maybe the grommet was not sealed properly and water is working its way in. Just a thought.