Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Help My navi dying on me???

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2012, 01:46 PM
msmching

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
My navi dying on me???

I don't think anyone has this problem yet?? since no one asked about and I hope someone has the answer to it @@

MY navigation is going wild sometimes...

While driving, it will show the wrong current position (very wrong) I am at and I'm just stupid enough to follow it and got myself to the wrong way.
Most of the time, it will just jump right back to the right spot, while other times, I'll have to stop and restart my car.
Or, driving on the freeway, navigation runs well then it will just jump off showing that I got off the freeway, then seconds later, it will jump back to the freeway.

My car's a 2008's with about 78K miles. Is there anything I can do to make it good at all times?? (other than having to spend $ to replace it).

Thanks!!
Old 03-18-2012, 02:36 PM
swordsman54

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by msmching
I don't think anyone has this problem yet?? since no one asked about and I hope someone has the answer to it @@

MY navigation is going wild sometimes...

While driving, it will show the wrong current position (very wrong) I am at and I'm just stupid enough to follow it and got myself to the wrong way.
Most of the time, it will just jump right back to the right spot, while other times, I'll have to stop and restart my car.
Or, driving on the freeway, navigation runs well then it will just jump off showing that I got off the freeway, then seconds later, it will jump back to the freeway.

My car's a 2008's with about 78K miles. Is there anything I can do to make it good at all times?? (other than having to spend $ to replace it).

Thanks!!

I have the same problem! I took to the same dealership about fifteen to twenty different times and they could never pinpoint it. Finally my car ran out of warranty so I have to live with it now...
Old 03-18-2012, 05:44 PM
chasemyaccord

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-cou...g-haywire.html
Old 03-18-2012, 07:40 PM
msmching

Originally Posted by chasemyaccord
Thanks for the link.
Old 03-19-2012, 12:38 AM
Fezzik

Received 57 Likes on 11 Posts
If you documented it with Infiniti they should still cover you since the problem was never solved when you brought it in under warranty
Old 03-19-2012, 08:53 PM
chasemyaccord

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by msmching
Thanks for the link.
Also FYI, I ended up getting my whole navigation unit. I prayed that they would somehow put the newer, higher resolution unit it, but that wasn't the case. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if they just stuck the same unit back in, but they did hold my car for three days longer than I thought it would take. I didn't mind since I just had a free loaner for five days.

After the fix, I didn't notice any problems for a while. But about six weeks ago, the problem resurfaced. I haven't seen it since then, so it's not happening as much as it used to, which was once every week or so. Hopefully it won't come back or occur too often because I'm out of warranty. A lot of times, I'll use my Android phone instead of the nav unit since I can get traffic info, so it doesn't bother me too much. But when it does go haywire, it sure as hell is annoying.
Old 03-20-2012, 03:59 AM
msmching

I guess my solution is to get it replaced by paying it... I m out of warr already... @@
Old 03-21-2012, 06:49 PM
cruzmisl

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
If that's the case I'd just use a $99 Magellan.

I use GPS like 2-3 times a year.

As long as the bluetooth, music box, and backup cam still work then I don't think it's worth replacing the unit.
Old 03-30-2012, 12:25 PM
LakeBlueG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This started to happen in my 09 coupe within the last couple months.....what I've noticed is that when the GPS is "lost", the "GPS Satellite Info" screen (accessed from the "Information" menu) shows "out of range". This seems to be happening only in certain areas where I drive. Can anyone else confirm that their system is behaving in the same way?