Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

2010+ Navigation Updates Released!

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2012, 08:42 AM
sgmidf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I too did the update with the engine off and had no problems. The first Data disk took >30 minutes which was a suprise but it went smoothly. I was puzzled by the version number but went ahead and upgraded the firmware anyway.

I'm unable to find a "cancel route" option that I had on the older firmware. Am I just blind or has it been removed?
Old 03-24-2012, 11:38 PM
g37guy01

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
It's there in the same spot.
Old 03-25-2012, 11:18 AM
movinon

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I just got a letter from the Infiniti dealership offering the update for $50 off and free shipping for $199. Same deal as the link on this topic.
I guess I expected the dealership to not mention the $50 off and quote a fee for them to install the upgrade.
Tom
Old 04-01-2012, 01:43 PM
rpm&my_G35
Registered Member

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
Somebody please check for these Canadian locations in the update;

- 18 Young Court, Orangeville, Ontario, Canada.
3 year old subdivision street.

- Activa Sportsplex, Kitchener, Ontario, Canada.
This is a 4 year old twin pad arena yet to be on many in car sat navs and I don't know why. It's on Lennox Lewis Way.

- Wayne Gretzky Sports Centre, Brantford, Ontario, Canada.
A 30+ year old building (recently expanded and renovated) not in my 2011 navigation.

Tia
Old 04-01-2012, 03:50 PM
TVPostSound
Registered Member

Received 115 Likes on 88 Posts
Originally Posted by movinon
I just spent 72 minutes on the phone and CS for the disc didn't have an answer. They also suggested that I go ahead and update, so that's what I will do.
Thanks,
Tom

Edit: I installed it without a problem.

Seriously.
I called 3 times, and never waited!!
Old 04-02-2012, 01:23 PM
jwkde

Is it possible to do the map upgrade while the car is in motion. I have a long trip coming up after Easter and I thought it would be a good use of time versus 90 minutes of the car running or leaving the car on ACC for 90 minutes.

But I am thinking the DVD interlock might prevent the upgrade.

Thoughts?
Old 04-02-2012, 02:45 PM
g37guy01

Originally Posted by rpm&my_G35

This is a 4 year old twin pad arena yet to be on many in car sat navs and I don't know why. It's on Lennox Lewis Way.

A 30+ year old building (recently expanded and renovated) not in my 2011 navigation.

Tia
I'll check them out later for you.
Old 04-02-2012, 05:40 PM
g37guy01

Originally Posted by rpm&my_G35

Tia
Ok. It found the first address. The second address came up as radio activa. Didn't find the third poi.
Old 04-02-2012, 08:27 PM
rpm&my_G35
Registered Member

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
^ Thanks

It amazes me that the two older places are still not POI's. Especially since they are all in large urban areas and in Google maps.
Old 04-17-2012, 10:34 PM
aexis

I updated took about 90mins as other have said. However after updates my bluetooth is now greyed out (can not turn on, pressing it does nothing) even when sitting still and in park. I updated firmware as recommended and turned off Bluetooth before updating.

Also driving around LA right after updating nav maps, when my nav had to start rerouting to get onto a highway it immediately rebooted. Has never happened before, but after nav update and rerouting calculation it rebooted about 6 times in a row at the worst times too. I would have to say the bluetooth not functioning is 100% due to firmware upgrade and nav rebooting is also due to the firmware or map update. Something else that is messed up is that depending on day or night the nav previously to the update used to change from/light dark automatically. Now t does not do that and have to manually do it.

Installed as per instructions and never stopped /changed ignition etc. For spending 200+ dollars it kinda screwed up my nav and firmware to be honest. Have a 2011 G37 coupe updated maps and firmware from stock 2011 software.

Besides next dealer trip anyone have any idea how to get bluetooth to not be greyed out or a way to "reset" the nav/harddrive ?

Last edited by aexis; 04-17-2012 at 10:57 PM.
Old 04-17-2012, 10:44 PM
Modme
Registered Member

Received 80 Likes on 56 Posts
I would try reinstalling the firmware again. Otherwise, a trip to the dealership is warranted.
Old 04-17-2012, 10:45 PM
aexis

Originally Posted by Modme
I would try reinstalling the firmware again. Otherwise, a trip to the dealership is warranted.
Ya was thinking of reinstalling firmware. Not sure what happened exactly but will see if it brings bluetooth back
Old 04-17-2012, 11:36 PM
g37guy01

Originally Posted by aexis
Ya was thinking of reinstalling firmware. Not sure what happened exactly but will see if it brings bluetooth back
Might want to try reinstalling all of the discs, not just the firmware.
Old 04-18-2012, 12:34 AM
TVPostSound
Registered Member

Received 115 Likes on 88 Posts
Originally Posted by aexis
I updated took about 90mins as other have said. However after updates my bluetooth is now greyed out (can not turn on, pressing it does nothing) even when sitting still and in park. I updated firmware as recommended and turned off Bluetooth before updating.

Also driving around LA right after updating nav maps, when my nav had to start rerouting to get onto a highway it immediately rebooted. Has never happened before, but after nav update and rerouting calculation it rebooted about 6 times in a row at the worst times too. I would have to say the bluetooth not functioning is 100% due to firmware upgrade and nav rebooting is also due to the firmware or map update. Something else that is messed up is that depending on day or night the nav previously to the update used to change from/light dark automatically. Now t does not do that and have to manually do it.

Installed as per instructions and never stopped /changed ignition etc. For spending 200+ dollars it kinda screwed up my nav and firmware to be honest. Have a 2011 G37 coupe updated maps and firmware from stock 2011 software.

Besides next dealer trip anyone have any idea how to get bluetooth to not be greyed out or a way to "reset" the nav/harddrive ?

You were supposed to turn off bluetooth for the firmware disc, then turn it back on before the map updates.

Reflash the firmware, then try to turn on bluetooth.
Old 04-18-2012, 01:37 AM
aexis

Originally Posted by TVPostSound
You were supposed to turn off bluetooth for the firmware disc, then turn it back on before the map updates.

Reflash the firmware, then try to turn on bluetooth.
Ya after I updated firmware it was greyed out so couldn't turn on for map update discs. I got it to work now though by trying to connect my phone multiple times it activated.

Reflashed the firmware hopefully it will not reboot on recalculations now will keep eye on it.

Quick Reply: 2010+ Navigation Updates Released!