Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Radio - Mind of it's Own.....

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2012, 10:32 AM
dweiss22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Radio - Mind of it's Own.....

Ok, I have what appears to be a “special” problem with the radio on my G. I did a search but didn’t seem to find anything that matches quite what I am experiencing. First off I have a 2008 G37 coupe non S with navigation and music box. Although the car is set-up for XM radio, I only have the standard radio and there in lies my problem.

Recently over the past few weeks to a month I have been experiencing the radio stations changing to the next higher or lower increment on the dial. For example, if I am listening to station 94.1 after about 20mins. The station changes to 93.9 or something very close. It stays on this station for about 10-15secs then changes back to the original setting, 94.1 in this example.
<O</O
Was curious if anyone has experienced this problem with their G and what the fix was.
<O</O
Any comments or solutions is greatly appreciated….
Old 01-23-2012, 10:39 AM
Rad_Slinger

Received 81 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by dweiss22
Ok, I have what appears to be a “special” problem with the radio on my G. I did a search but didn’t seem to find anything that matches quite what I am experiencing. First off I have a 2008 G37 coupe non S with navigation and music box. Although the car is set-up for XM radio, I only have the standard radio and there in lies my problem.

Recently over the past few weeks to a month I have been experiencing the radio stations changing to the next higher or lower increment on the dial. For example, if I am listening to station 94.1 after about 20mins. The station changes to 93.9 or something very close. It stays on this station for about 10-15secs then changes back to the original setting, 94.1 in this example.
<O</O
Was curious if anyone has experienced this problem with their G and what the fix was.
<O</O
Any comments or solutions is greatly appreciated….
Ur **** is haunted!

Haha...not really. Make sure your shuffle is off first. Mine was doing that on xm when I lost signal...would change on its own. Turns out that if you have shuffle on it will change on its own.
Could be a tuner **** problem, might be worn out.

Good luck!
Old 01-23-2012, 10:44 AM
xtremeroller

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I agree, sounds like a tuning **** issue or something loose inside the radio face maybe.
Old 01-26-2012, 08:11 AM
dweiss22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey guys, thanks for the reponses. It did point me in the right direction, the tuner **** was in between indentations causing the problem. I kinda feel like a smacked a$$ on this one but glad the problem is solved nonetheless.

Thanks again to those who commented.