Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Looking for some help with 2012 g37 Bluetooth hands free system

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2011, 09:07 PM
clouser
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking for some help with 2012 g37 Bluetooth hands free system

I had a 2009 g37 that had the bluetooth hands free, and never had any issues with it. It never sync'd my phone book, but allowed me to create my own entries for people, then have a mobile, home, work, etc # for each person.

I just got a 2012 g37, and the changes to the BT HF are driving me nuts. It downloaded my phonebook which SEEMS awesome... but its not. I can no longer say "call Chris mobile". I have to say "Call Chris", then have it read me a number from my phonebook, have me say no, then do this 5 times until it gets to the correct number for the contact. It doesn't matter that my cell phone has a default # for the contact, if the BT thinks it is last it can take me 30 seconds or more just to place a simple call.

I cannot find any options to turn off this sync and go back to the "old" method, or to modify the contacts in any way.

Then, if I want to just dial a number, I used to be able to just say "dial 800-xxx-xxxx", now it makes me go through 2 levels of menus to even do that.

Please tell me I am missing something here?
Old 12-25-2011, 09:22 PM
g37guy01

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by clouser
I had a 2009 g37 that had the bluetooth hands free, and never had any issues with it. It never sync'd my phone book, but allowed me to create my own entries for people, then have a mobile, home, work, etc # for each person.

I just got a 2012 g37, and the changes to the BT HF are driving me nuts. It downloaded my phonebook which SEEMS awesome... but its not. I can no longer say "call Chris mobile". I have to say "Call Chris", then have it read me a number from my phonebook, have me say no, then do this 5 times until it gets to the correct number for the contact. It doesn't matter that my cell phone has a default # for the contact, if the BT thinks it is last it can take me 30 seconds or more just to place a simple call.

I cannot find any options to turn off this sync and go back to the "old" method, or to modify the contacts in any way.

Then, if I want to just dial a number, I used to be able to just say "dial 800-xxx-xxxx", now it makes me go through 2 levels of menus to even do that.

Please tell me I am missing something here?
Did you turn on extended prompts? If you do you should be to say dial 22233344444.
Old 12-25-2011, 09:34 PM
clouser
Registered Member

Originally Posted by g37guy01
Did you turn on extended prompts? If you do you should be to say dial 22233344444.
I didn't see this option anywhere, any ideas where to look? It's not in the manual either (at least not as "extended prompts").
Old 12-25-2011, 09:43 PM
clouser
Registered Member

I should mention that my system does not have navi, since the menus are different. I just realized the entire "settings" section no longer exists either. I just want to turn off the phone book sync at this point and enter the numbers manually.
Old 12-25-2011, 09:45 PM
g37guy01

I didn't see this option anywhere, any ideas where to look? It's not in the manual either (at least not as "extended prompts").
Don't know about non nav. Might want to read your owners manual.
Old 12-25-2011, 09:47 PM
clouser
Registered Member

Settings, other, alternate command mode.
Right... 'settings' no longer exists, confirmed in the manual as well. Is it possible they dumbed down the system for non-navi models?
Old 12-25-2011, 09:58 PM
clouser
Registered Member

Don't know about non nav. Might want to read your owners manual.
I have been going over the manual, but it doesn't match what is available on the car. For example, the manual suggests that for each sync'd phone book entry, I should have the option to transfer to delete the entry, but none of those options are actually in the system. This is frustrating...
Old 12-25-2011, 10:03 PM
g37guy01

I have been going over the manual, but it doesn't match what is available on the car. For example, the manual suggests that for each sync'd phone book entry, I should have the option to transfer to delete the entry, but none of those options are actually in the system. This is frustrating...
Sorry edited post after I read non nav.

Have you actually tried dial xxxyyyzzzz.
Old 12-25-2011, 11:39 PM
clouser
Registered Member

Sorry edited post after I read non nav.

Have you actually tried dial xxxyyyzzzz.

Indeed, it does not recognize the command. I can live with having to go through 3 menus to get to that, the bigger problem is not being able to create a local phone book and ONLY having the option to use the sync from my phone. I have no control over which numbers can be used, their order, or the ability to delete/modify entries, even though the manual suggestions I should be able to.
Old 12-26-2011, 11:39 AM
g37guy01

Indeed, it does not recognize the command. I can live with having to go through 3 menus to get to that, the bigger problem is not being able to create a local phone book and ONLY having the option to use the sync from my phone. I have no control over which numbers can be used, their order, or the ability to delete/modify entries, even though the manual suggestions I should be able to.
I downloaded the G sedain 2012 manual, it seems to indicate you can create a local phonebook with non-nav? Did I read it incorrectly?
Old 12-26-2011, 01:29 PM
clouser
Registered Member

I downloaded the G sedain 2012 manual, it seems to indicate you can create a local phonebook with non-nav? Did I read it incorrectly?
I read this too, but there are no options to do so. I wonder if the option is only displayed if it fails to download the phonebook via BT. However I cannot find any option to "unsync" the downloaded phonebook to get the local phonebook back.