Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Bose Equivalent?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2011, 05:37 AM
adroitcaptor
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bose Equivalent?

I totaled my G37Scoupe which had, IMO, a great sound system. It was loud enough for me, and as far as I could tell, pretty clear and accurate. I have heard better but on the other hand, best Bose I have ever heard, and certainly good for stock system.

At any rate, I am looking at getting a G35 sedan. I was wondering what would be the equivalent to the Bose system in my G. I have done a ton of research and I found either subjective opinions or someone spending TONS of money on a top of the line system. No one can give me means of comparison or actual fact. I get nothing more when I go into local audio shops.

1) I listen mostly to dubsetp, metalcore, hardcore trance, and classical.
2) I would like to spend ~1k or less for speakers if possible. (negotiable)
3) I want a head unit that is large enough, like my touchscreen nav, to browse through my ipod. (If at all possible, something with significant dimming... I HATE bright lights in my car as I work nights.) The 1 din iPod head units with the huge **** are just a joke IMO.

I know this is a huge open ended question and greatly appreciate anyone who takes the time to help me. If anyone is willing, please feel free to PM me if you do not mind me asking a bunch of questions. TYSVM in advance!
Old 12-15-2011, 08:29 AM
Polar_g37s

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Get a g35 with a bose in it and than upgrade the deck to a pioneer double din. The sound quality will be much better just because of the deck since the bose speakers are above average to begin with. If you need more bass than add an amp and individual subwoofer.
Old 12-15-2011, 11:43 PM
adroitcaptor
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Really... Hey thanks a lot. I suppose that option did not cross my mind.

Are the impedances the same?
Should I pre amp them for clarity and control?
Is there a compatibility with other decks or is that just your preference. (You know any decks with good iPod interface that are not brighter than the strip in Vegas?)
I have been told a $200 kicker/polk sub would be goodenough... I have a hard time believing that.

Thanks a ton for your help btw!

(Posted from my android phone.)