Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

XM Beware

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2011, 07:41 PM
antirice
Registered Member

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by shtaka
Just received a call from a collections agency for a $41 charge from XM. When my 6 month subscription expired I opted to not renew. The collections guy said I had to call XM to cancel. It's in the terms and conditions, he says. News to me! Who reads that stuff anyway?

I don't like doing business with a company where every time you shake hands you have to count your fingers.

Has this happened to anyone else. How did you respond?
Not trying to defend XM but you can't really blame them for this. It is clearly printed in the offer details section in the letter, that you have to cancel or you will be charged regular price. Yeah all that info is printed in small fonts at the bottom but every business does that, right?

My point is always be cautious when someone is offering you a great deal like the $25/6 months. Find out all the rules of the game and you'll be fine.
Old 12-04-2011, 06:13 AM
shtaka
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's actually on the back of the invoice, not on the bottom and not even in small print! And yes, I should have read it, but my point is that it's a nasty tactic and not consumer friendly.

The upside is that it renews at the same rate i.e. $25 for 6 months so it's not necessary to renegotiate.
Old 12-16-2011, 03:00 PM
diverdan

There is no difference between XM and Sirius anymore: They're one company now - Sirius XM.

Which you have in your car, XM or Sirius, depended on which of the formerly two companies the auto manufacturer went with prior to the merger. I've had both and think the Sirius polar orbit satellite system sounds better than the XM geosynchronous one. I wonder what the company's plan is to get down to one satellite system instead of two redundant ones.

Also, I write them a check instead of using a credit card, after hearing all the horror stories of trying to cancel service.
Old 12-19-2011, 02:47 PM
tallbrownie

xm radio canada

I just canclled my subsscription with XM Radio.

Honestly It's not worth the effort and even the amount of times you yell or talk to them or they cut you a deal.. XM is dying a slow death
Old 12-19-2011, 03:07 PM
Goonz
Premier Member

Received 60 Likes on 54 Posts
Originally Posted by tallbrownie
I just canclled my subsscription with XM Radio.

Honestly It's not worth the effort and even the amount of times you yell or talk to them or they cut you a deal.. XM is dying a slow death
same with the US, I still till this day have not figured out how their subscription system works and the amount $$ they charge is just insane..