Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Odd Question

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2011, 05:34 PM
akochman

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Odd Question

I took my car to infiniti a couple weeks ago telling them that I thought my front right woofer was blown because I was sometimes hearing what sounded like a buzzing/rattling coming from that location. Didn't matter what audio source I tried, they were all equally as bad. However, it would stop a couple hours later getting back in the car. Of course, when I took the car in, the speaker decided to make me look stupid and worked flawlessly in front of the service guy. They told me there was nothing they could do about that problem since they didn't hear anything.

I noticed something interesting the other day. This is only happening when it rains/has rained. A couple hours later, it is fine.

The question is whether it is possible something is getting wet which would cause this noise. I wouldn't know how to begin troubleshooting something like that so I was hoping that someone with more audio system knowledge would be able to weigh in.

As a South Floridian, we see plenty of rain so this is quite annoying. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Old 10-31-2011, 01:32 AM
akochman

It has been raining a ton here and that sound is bothering me to the point that i am driving without the stereo on. No one has any possible suggestions?
Old 10-31-2011, 07:45 AM
Coprolite

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Take it to the dealer while it is raining.
Old 10-31-2011, 03:25 PM
akochman

Originally Posted by Coprolite
Take it to the dealer while it is raining.
I am in school so it would be very difficult for me to be sitting in class and just leave to go drive 20 minutes to the dealership.

I did call a service consultant and left a message explaining this issue as well as a couple others so I am hoping that I get a call back soon. I did however video record the noise coming from the sub so I will at least not be looked at like a lunatic again.
Old 10-31-2011, 05:20 PM
Coprolite

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I find that I have less time while working than I did back in school. I feel your pain, though.

Things always seem to be working when you have time to get them fixed.