Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Just got an '09 G37 -- couple of Tech questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2011, 11:57 PM
DirtyJacket

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just got an '09 G37 -- couple of Tech questions

Fresh off the purchase of an '09 G37 this afternoon...very excited. I did get the base package, so no nav or iPod connectivity But it was a great deal, so not complaining much.

Questions I have:

1) Most effective way to hook my first gen iPod touch. I guess it'll have to be the RCA connectors in the arm rest? I also assume this means no control of the iPod with the car's audio controls.

2) Is there a way add bluetooth to the system myself? Is there a blue tooth adapter via RCA?

Thanks!
Old 10-17-2011, 11:20 AM
tallbrownie

Check out the directusnav thread we created.. it's a ll in one solution with nav, backup camera, wifi, etc.

You wil need to purchsae the wifi, backup camera,bluetooth stuff seperately..
Old 10-17-2011, 07:32 PM
cnagy65

Welcome and congratulation on your new G.
Not sure about the bluetooth, but you can get the factory iPod cable from infiniti or try ebay. Here is a link just so you can see what you will need.
The RCA connections are for video I believe. There should also be another connection next to the RCA jacks. Unless base models did not come with it. Not sure since I have a 2010, so I have the USB port.

NEW OEM INFINITI G35 G37 IPOD HARNESS CABLE CHARGER | eBay

You will be able to control the touch from your radio, but it will not charge it. Only the older iPods charge since apple change from firewire to usb charging.
I believe there is an adapter you can use though from another brand. Not sure if it was Schosche. You can search for it on here.
Old 10-17-2011, 09:36 PM
DirtyJacket

Thanks for the responses.

I don't see anything other than the 3 RCA jacks and lighter adapter hole...
Old 10-17-2011, 10:17 PM
MOONLIGHT37

If you would have the ipod plug in port it would be right above the the RCA connectors. Do you have the Bose sound system? If not thats why you might not have the ipod port?

Your best bet to use an ipod would be to get one of theses and have a local shop install it, could cost a lot
USA Spec iPod® Interface for Nissan Connects your iPod to select 2003-up Infiniti and Nissan factory stereos at Crutchfield.com

and one more thing you could do, to use your rcas while driving you could bypass your Ebrake enabling the use of the "AUX" while driving. Then you would only need to buy a simple RCA (red/White) to 3mm pin (AUX). Go to other sites to find how to bypass the ebrake dont try and make a thread on here asking how to do it.