Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

kick plates and interior llighting

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2011, 02:09 PM
tallbrownie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kick plates and interior llighting

have any of you installed these items? how do you like it?

I just called the dealership i got my car from there chaging about 339 for kick plates and 135 for interior lighting plus estimated 3 hours for install on this.

I didn't proceed lol it seems a little expensive for the three hours of time to do install.

These items seems very nice and add's the luxurious feeling to the car...

09 sedan G37 Base here
Old 09-23-2011, 03:41 PM
Presto

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts
i did the interior lighting myself, its pretty easy. you need a drill though to drill 2 holes in the plastic.
you can do both yourself, there are DIY here on the forum, just search for it.
Old 09-23-2011, 03:54 PM
Tazicon

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
I got the interior lighting, I was a bit disappointed. Pretty much it's not as bright as I would have liked. The only thing it does is let you see how dirty your shoes are when driving at night. We were going to get the kick plates but after I saw them I like the non-lighted ones better. For what you pay to only be able to see it when the door is opened is a lot. Remember those prices are BEFORE the install so then add about $255 for labor but remember they might go over.......................The kick plates I wouldn't do myself but the interior I would have but the wife took the car in so I wouldn't install them. They charged her around $175..........................They said it took 2 hours.....pissed me off.
Old 09-23-2011, 03:59 PM
MOONLIGHT37

i also installed the interior lighting in my car! looks great! not to bright but kinda nice at night. payed 139 for the lights, it was going to be an extra 180 dollars for them to install.... The lights came with step by step directions on how to do the install your self. its really easy just take your time and try not to break anything!! good luck!
Old 09-23-2011, 04:17 PM
tallbrownie

Yea I guess the pictures of the interior lights are liitle missleading lol... it does add value well ambiance to the car.. i think....

Can you change those lights to the bright white lights like some people have done for the visor etc?

lol I'd be scared to tamper with my car lol i am not a Car TECH... lol but paying them to do it I know sometimes it's really expensive....
Old 09-23-2011, 09:18 PM
MOONLIGHT37

Not sure if you could change the lights out. But the nice thing is its step by step and maybe like 6 screws that you have to take out behind the glove box and maybe 2-4 on the drivers side. Also it plugs right in to ports that are located behind the dash board, where the glove box light comes in. Easy a screw driver and a drill to drill holes on the kick plates is really the only 2 things you need. Save your self some money, for your first time read directions carefully, and TAKE YOUR TIME. People said it will take an hour, took me 3 cause i didn't wanna break anything.
Old 09-23-2011, 10:13 PM
G-Lover

I installed both the illuminated sill plates and the ambient lighting kit in my 2011 G37S 6MT myself. It was relatively easy but I am mechanically inclined. For someone that is not used to doing that kind of thing it could be somewhat difficult but still possible. The door sills took me about 45 minutes my first time but I could probably do my second set in 20 minutes. The ambient lighting kit took me about an hour and the lights are definitely not that bright. I was a little disappointed but I'm glad that I got them. It is an added nicety. Call Brad at orderinfinitiparts.com for a good price. I think I paid $214 for the sill plates and $89 for the ambient lighting kit. Good Luck
Old 09-23-2011, 10:53 PM
hobbs
Registered Member

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts
Please explain to me why one wants more interior lights on than necessary when driving at night? The less ambient light the better for me.
Old 09-24-2011, 10:38 PM
g37guy01

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
The ambient lights are very low and adds a nice touch to the interior.
Old 09-24-2011, 11:11 PM
Tuckermaclain
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Those interior lights are a total rip-off. You can buy any color and size LED strip from AutoZone and tape mount it to the bottom of the dash. Wire it to the glove box light. Did it myself with a better effect than the stock light for $25 total. It took me an hour to do it but I wasn't racing--just relaxing.
Old 09-28-2011, 04:27 PM
Djfarhan
Registered Member

Received 79 Likes on 65 Posts
luv my kickplates! one of the best mods i have done!

and regarding the interior accent lighting kit, see here:

https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sed...-worth-it.html
Old 09-28-2011, 04:31 PM
Tazicon

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
I don't like the way the word "Infinti" is so small on the lighted kick plates. They need to take my kick plates and light the Infiniti as well as the lines and then I would spend the money on it.

Oh and Tucker, why tape mounting? At least do a decent install, these aren't Civics your dealing with.
Old 09-28-2011, 04:41 PM
tallbrownie

kickplates

hhahahahah to the "These aren't civics were dealing with" hahahahha

that made me LMAO
Old 09-28-2011, 06:01 PM
carz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the kickplates are a waste. they're only nice if someone notices them........ive had the car for about a year and even i forget they're there....not that many people see them
Old 09-28-2011, 06:05 PM
Djfarhan
Registered Member

Received 79 Likes on 65 Posts
i like them! they look kool when i go back to my car after a long day of work!

Quick Reply: kick plates and interior llighting