Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Help with minor ipod issue

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2011, 09:15 AM
merlin3008

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help with minor ipod issue

Hey all...I just picked up my new G37xS and I'm having a little problem. The ipod connection and functionality is awesome, but once in a while I have a little problem. Often I will turn off the car but leave my iphone attached to the console when I go into a store or something. When I start the car back up, the ipod begins to play where it left off, but stops after two seconds. It resumes if i press the play/pause button in the NAV screen.

Also, once in a while I lose to ability to change tracks with the steering wheel toggle.

Thoughts?? Thanks in advance!
Old 09-03-2011, 12:54 AM
dvuong85

Originally Posted by merlin3008
Hey all...I just picked up my new G37xS and I'm having a little problem. The ipod connection and functionality is awesome, but once in a while I have a little problem. Often I will turn off the car but leave my iphone attached to the console when I go into a store or something. When I start the car back up, the ipod begins to play where it left off, but stops after two seconds. It resumes if i press the play/pause button in the NAV screen.

Also, once in a while I lose to ability to change tracks with the steering wheel toggle.

Thoughts?? Thanks in advance!
I'm having a similar problem. It seems like it's having difficulty trying to discern from playing audio via bluetooth or usb connection. I also have the same problem with I go from USB -> Bluetooth -> USB for music. Once I switch back to USB, no sound will come through the speaker, nor will pressing pause/play on the nav screen work. The only thing that will work is if I unplug the phone then plug back in. It's a big PIA to do every time and am in desperate need of help!
Old 09-11-2011, 07:01 PM
BHB 91

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have the same problems as both of you do in my 2011 convertible. I am using an iphone 3GS -32. I have not been able to determine if there is a TSB for this or not but it can be annoying at times.
Old 10-06-2011, 12:24 AM
ImToast

I have the same problem on my new 2011 G37S with my iPhone 4. I do have it connected to the USB port, but haven't tried it with bluetooth streaming yet.
Old 10-09-2011, 05:16 PM
ImToast

The problem with the cutting out of the music is not related to the ipod or the bluetooth. The problem is when the ipod/iphone with bluetooth enabled, the navi cuts the music because of the bluetooth audio pairing. You have one of 2 choices, you can disconnect the usb cable from the device or you can wait until the pairing is complete, but that is sometimes a hit or miss. The only way to solve this is a navi update to fix the pairing issue. The same problem exists with bluetooth streaming where it doesn't work with the ipod/iphone.

ImToast